Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:
22 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I think my favorite part of the cruise was riding through Tracy arm outside with my hat, gloves, jacket all off. It felt great!

That was also the favorite part for all three Alaska cruises for both my daughter and me.  Wasn't it cool how the naturalist described the eons of history you were passing through by the plantlife, trees, lychen, etc?

Expand  

I am scheduled for this excursion, BUT...mine is at 7:00am! Not too excited about the time, but it was the only option. Cold at that hour? Still excited I was able to book it a all though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, land64shark said:

I am scheduled for this excursion, BUT...mine is at 7:00am! Not too excited about the time, but it was the only option. Cold at that hour? Still excited I was able to book it a all though.

It was 40’s. May be warmer now.

On 5/31/2022 at 7:52 PM, Eli_6 said:

We just got home to Houston a couple of hours ago from the same sailing.  Had a great time!  We also got the same letter about noro virus. We did see a lot of people in hazmat suits and cleaning rooms and it put a little damper on the last couple of days of our cruise, but otherwise we had an amazing time.  And debark was quick and easy. We were off the boat by 6:45 am. We were at the airport and through security before 8 am. Made our 10:12 flight with plenty of time to spare. 

sorry for going back in time to grab this post, but can I ask what transportation you used from port?  Did you pre arrange, uber/lyft, or were cabs there lined up?  Our flight is not as early as yours but it is still before the suggested time of CCL.  Just curious how you left the port.

Thanks

On 5/30/2022 at 10:18 AM, Saint Greg said:

A lot of people think it’s the same as Veterans Day. I know some people…a marine in particular…who are hard core looking to correct people. I prefer to just put it out there in a more gentle way. I know everyone wasn’t raised the same. I was taken to a cemetery for a ceremony every Memorial Day morning. Then we could have a cookout or crawfish boil or whatever in the afternoon. I would say most of the people I know think of it as just a day off of work.

And corrected they should be……

• Like 2

Finally all caught up now. Great review Greg as usual. Bummer that you got sick but at least you didn’t have it too bad and it was after the fact.

my Alaska cruise is in August also out of Seattle but on Princess-first time on her.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 5:30 PM, jiggs said:

sorry for going back in time to grab this post, but can I ask what transportation you used from port?  Did you pre arrange, uber/lyft, or were cabs there lined up?  Our flight is not as early as yours but it is still before the suggested time of CCL.  Just curious how you left the port.

Thanks

There are taxis lined up for debark.

20210817_071043.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hooked Already said:

I managed to escape clean. However it's been crazy at work trying to catch up. Almost felt like telling them the whole ship got it, just to get another 5 days off.

Glad to hear you didn’t get covid. That makes one of us.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 2