Anyone Actually Getting Refunds or is NCL Still Denying?

Hello, all.  Curious to hear from people who asked for refunds because you could not/would not meet the cruising requirements that NCL added after you had already booked and paid for your cruise.  I submitted my refund request a while ago and have heard nothing at all.  Thanks!

I cancelled and was not asked why, 4 days later my expired cruise next certificates were back in my account with another year added to the expiration dates and about a week later my credit card was refunded.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stickboy3327 said:

Curious to hear from people who asked for refunds because you could not/would not meet the cruising requirements that NCL added after you had already booked and paid for your cruise.

You left out a very important bit of info.  Did you cancel before or after the final payment due date (not the date you actually paid).

1 hour ago, Stickboy3327 said:

I cancelled before my final payment due.  How does that affect your thoughts?  Thanks!

I've cancelled many bookings prior to final payment, and I've never had to request a refund.  They just refund it to my credit card in seven to ten days.  I've never had an issue.  Did you check your credit card statement?

17 minutes ago, Stickboy3327 said:

Another week gone by and $zero returned for our cancellation.  I called NCL and they will not speak with me since we booked through a travel agent.

If you booked through a TA and paid for the cruise through a TA, shouldn't said TA be refunding your funds, and not NCL? Just wondering.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Good morning.  The TA said NCL has to refund the money.  It is not her decision. 

Also, now, after 6 weeks, I received an email from NCL stating my refund request has passed the "preliminary" refund process and now NCL has 90 more days to review and arrive at a final decision.  I am stunned and confused. Other posters said they received their refunds immediately.  I will be 4 1/2 months into the process before I get an answer.  Wow... Will think twice about sailing with NCL again as this is ridiculous.   

18 minutes ago, Stickboy3327 said:

Good morning.  The TA said NCL has to refund the money.  It is not her decision. 

Also, now, after 6 weeks, I received an email from NCL stating my refund request has passed the "preliminary" refund process and now NCL has 90 more days to review and arrive at a final decision.  I am stunned and confused. Other posters said they received their refunds immediately.  I will be 4 1/2 months into the process before I get an answer.  Wow... Will think twice about sailing with NCL again as this is ridiculous.   

The email was from NCL direct?  If you went through a TA, they own the booking (and fact is, you paid them and they were supposed to pay NCL).

NCL will not respond at all given this scenario.

Call your credit card company and tell them you want to contest the fare charges against the TA based on what you’ve outlined for us.

Edited by graphicguy

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

The email was from NCL direct?  If you went through a TA, they own the booking (and fact is, you paid them and they were supposed to pay NCL).

NCL will not respond at all given this scenario.

Call your credit card company and tell them you want to contest the fare charges against the TA based on what you’ve outlined for us.

My TA doesn't collect the funds.  They're paid directly to the cruise line.  It may be the OP's TA works the same way.

5 minutes ago, SimplyAlbert said:

My TA doesn't collect the funds.  They're paid directly to the cruise line.  It may be the OP's TA works the same way.

My TA takes my credit card number and charges my credit card.  They make the booking. They list the perks, the OBC, the cabin, the fare, the fees, all listed on my invoice.  I match their invoice to what I am getting from NCL and check for any discrepancies.  NCL will not intervene on pricing or charges.  Many TAs offer discounts, OBC, and/or cash back that NCL does not offer or is even aware of.  That's one of the many reasons NCL can not service the reservation.  The agreement is between me and the TA.

That's why I asked if it's the TA that's communicating with NCL, or the OP.  A simple call to the credit card company should clear this up quickly.  Did the TA make the charges for the fare?  Or, did the TA?

Whenever I need to make changes or have issues, my TA is the one who communicates with NCL, not me.

If any TA did not book the cruise and did not send the fare they collected, then the TA is culpable, not NCL.  It's pretty simple to find out what is happening.  Ask the TA to provide proof of payment transmitted to NCL, what the exact payment was, and when it was sent.  It should say all of that on the invoice the TA provided to the OP.

I have heard of TAs that have some really crazy Ts and Cs when it comes to cancellations, either by the guest or the cruise line, where they charge service fees, cancellation fees, etc. But, I won't deal with those sorts of TAs.

5 hours ago, Stickboy3327 said:

Just to reconfirm, you cancelled BEFORE the final payment deadline when the cruise was still 100% refundable?

That's very odd that it is taking so long.  Honestly, this feels more like your TA is gumming up the works, and not NCL.  Smells like shenanigans to me.

Edited by Named-Tawny
  • Like 1