Unlimited Laundry Service

mja2573

I just saw I could pay $49.00 for unlimited laundry on the Koningsdam while in Alaska.  Does anyone know if I could purchase onboard and use my OBC to pay for it.  Is it offered onboard?  Is it more expensive?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, it's available onboard. When you send your first load out there is a place on the slip to mark that you would like the unlimited laundry package and it will be billed to your onboard account. And you can use your OBC to pay for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mja2573 said:

Thank you.  Do you know if the cost is the same?

I believe it is but I haven't ordered it ahead of time. I do remember that it was $2 (?) more per day in Europe

One time we prepaid, that was a mistake and a trip to the "Desk" as we got doubled billed. Now we just wait until we see our stewards. We tell them we will be filling out the form for unlimited laundry and leaving it on our bed. They always have our baggie/s available. As a mom who has cruised with 2 adorable and messy little kids, THIS is the best money we spend on the ship period! 

• Like 5

• 9 months later...
18 minutes ago, klh7307 said:

Can 2 rooms share unlimited laundry? They are family members. 

The source of the clothing in a laundry bag is immaterial.  If clothing from another room finds its way into your laundry bag, the laundry folks could care less.  I don't think two rooms could have separate pickups/delivery with the same unlimited account.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, klh7307 said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic! The cost for laundry has recently been reported to have increased -- Unlimited to $8.50/day from $7, so presumably to $10.50 or maybe $11 from the $9/day if either end of your journey is in Europe... but I assume the individual piece-rates have also increased so the savings are still there!

The other thing about Unlimited is, no matter which day you turn in your first items, you are charged for every day that has a night (you also can't turn in any pieces on the last day or two, either, but are charged for the length of your cruise). So use away!

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, klh7307 said:

The charge is by the room so if the laundry leaves/returns to the same room with the form filled out w/the one room,  then just one charge........If the cabin number on the form is another cabin, then another charge.  

That make sense?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The price for Unlimited Laundry has definitely gone up. I just paid $98 for it on my 14 day cruise on the Noordam in Australia. I just check the price for my August cruise on the Nieuw Statendam in Europe. It's now $147. Still worth it to me and a good way to spend my OBC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, klh7307 said:

As long as someone can keep it straight. (Give them the title, "Laundry Ranger.")

We send out items for my father in law when he travels with us. It's never been a problem. He's a small and I'm a not-even-close, so telling the items apart is easy.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, queen_kathy1 said:

Does anyone have a pic of the laundry bag - just curious how much laundry can be sent out each day?

My experience is it will fit two pair of slacks, three polo shirts, two undershorts, two undershirts, four pairs of socks, two handkerchiefs, and a bathing suit.  Of course the unlimited laundry price allows both a morning and evening bag pickup by your Room Steward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, queen_kathy1 said:

Can someone please confirm that there's still no cost benefit to preordering the laundry service?  I'd prefer to wait until onboard so we can use our small OBC towards it.  It currently shows as $147 for our 14-day NS cruise to Norway.

Same price whether purchased onboard or online.

• Like 1

At present on Koningsdam 35 day French Polynesia cruise and the Unlimited laundry for $210 is our best investment of OBC! Iti s wonderful to return from the excursions and just fill the bag and hang it on the door and, on most days, it has been back in less than 24 hours. Excellent service!

• Like 3

One thing we learned about the cost of the unlimited laundry was that part of the cost was absorbed by bringing one less bag on the trip.  We found that by doing laundry we could pack one less bag and thus save $60 in bag fee from the airlines.

• Like 4

On 3/12/2023 at 11:05 AM, Crew News said:

Same price whether purchased onboard or online.

True, but if the price increases between now and when you're onboard, you'll have to pay the higher price. I benefited from buying online a few weeks before the price recently increased (no way to know that was going to happen, but it worked out for me). 

I asked for an extra laundry bag so I could write up one order sheet for regular wash and another for cold water. Many days I sent 2 bags at a time; not always full but that didn't matter. It was no problem with the Unlimited service. 

• Like 2