Specialty Dining Reservations

Italy52

So, I finally got my app to work so I can reserve specialty dining reservations.  The problem is, I can't find anything earlier than 7:20 PM for ANY restaurant.  My cruise is a 14 day itinerary to Alaska in June and it seems rather odd that out of the 14 days I can't find 1 day that I can make a reservation before 7:20 PM.  Are the specialty restaurants opening later than usual????? 

9 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Just literally made a reservation for Sabatinis the default time was 8:20 PM, once I clicked on the edit button I was able to select the time I wanted. 

Tried the edit feature and it didn't work --- just kicked me out of the reservation.  Tried 3 more times and got the same thing.  Maybe the Crown Grill is just too full.

Edited by Italy52
Updated info.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Tried the edit feature and it didn't work --- just kicked me out of the reservation.  Tried 3 more times and got the same thing.  Maybe the Crown Grill is just too full.

So you didn’t get the option to charge the reservation to your credit card?  Maybe try logging out and logging  back in with your booking number, and click on plate option on the opening screen?

Last resort is to call them and see if you can book through to them, just be prepared for long wait times.

Edited by Sprocket

23 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

So you didn’t get the option to charge the reservation to your credit card?  Maybe try logging out and logging  back in with your booking number, and click on plate option on the opening screen?

Last resort is to call them and see if you can book through to them, just be prepared for long wait times.

Since the edit button didn't work, I decided that I would just go with the time given (7:40 now).  Then I did see the information about my credit card when I looked further down the page.  I pressed on that button and it went to the screen showing that we had entered our credit card information for our cruise expenses.  However, there was nothing to indicate that we could charge the dinner to it.  I looked for anything I could push and there was nothing.  So, I went back to the reservation screen and it showed the time of our reservation, our names, cost of the dinner, showed our dinner credit from TA but wouldn't allow me to confirm.  I am so done with this nonsense.  I am not calling Princess as I don't have time to wait on the phone --- been there, done that way too many times.  I will just wait and make the reservation upon boarding.  Frankly, if it doesn't work out, we are OK with that.  Thanks for trying to help me out, I appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

So, I finally got my app to work so I can reserve specialty dining reservations.  The problem is, I can't find anything earlier than 7:20 PM for ANY restaurant.  My cruise is a 14 day itinerary to Alaska in June and it seems rather odd that out of the 14 days I can't find 1 day that I can make a reservation before 7:20 PM.  Are the specialty restaurants opening later than usual????? 

I am surprised at the time you mentioned.

MDR res times are :00, :20, & :40. 

In my App, SD times are on the half-hour, so :10, :30, :50.  If you are seeing 7:20, I am wondering if you are really in SD section.  Either that or not all ships are the same?

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am surprised at the time you mentioned.

MDR res times are :00, :20, & :40. 

In my App, SD times are on the half-hour, so :10, :30, :50.  If you are seeing 7:20, I am wondering if you are really in SD section.  Either that or not all ships are the same?

Yup, I am in the SD section.  Here is a clip from Sprocket's post above:  "Sabatinis the default time was 8:20 PM"  so we are in the right SD section.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

This is probably going to sound stupid, but it took me a few minutes to sort it out. I went in to book, and all the venues showed 8:10. Went out. Went in. Still the same. What I needed to do is tap or pull the time to see the other times. Problem solved for me, but that may not be what you're seeing at all.

8 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

This is probably going to sound stupid, but it took me a few minutes to sort it out. I went in to book, and all the venues showed 8:10. Went out. Went in. Still the same. What I needed to do is tap or pull the time to see the other times. Problem solved for me, but that may not be what you're seeing at all.

Getting one step closer...did what you said and was able to get a better time.  HOWEVER, even though I have a credit showing for the meals, I have to select a payment method.  The only area I can open is to add a credit card.  If I click on that, it takes me to the screen for the Medallion Pay Payment Methods which shows my information is entered.  However, there is nothing to click on to pay for the dinner.  My next step???????????????

4 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Getting one step closer...did what you said and was able to get a better time.  HOWEVER, even though I have a credit showing for the meals, I have to select a payment method.  The only area I can open is to add a credit card.  If I click on that, it takes me to the screen for the Medallion Pay Payment Methods which shows my information is entered.  However, there is nothing to click on to pay for the dinner.  My next step???????????????

Sorry, I don't know what your next step would be other than to try and scroll down. Sometimes it looks like a full page and it just isn't. You can try scrolling down to see if you get a submit button. If that doesn't work, you can report back here and we'll all try and figure it out.

5 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Sorry, I don't know what your next step would be other than to try and scroll down. Sometimes it looks like a full page and it just isn't. You can try scrolling down to see if you get a submit button. If that doesn't work, you can report back here and we'll all try and figure it out.

Nope, nothing works.  My poor phone is getting a beating by me scrolling down and trying to push buttons. 😁  Thanks anyway.

Just now, Italy52 said:

Nope, nothing works.  My poor phone is getting a beating by me scrolling down and trying to push buttons. 😁  Thanks anyway.

Ah, that's too bad. Sorry. Maybe they'll put out an update that'll solve all problems? 🤣😂🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Sea Hag said:

Ah, that's too bad. Sorry. Maybe they'll put out an update that'll solve all problems? 🤣😂🤣

Nah, I think these tech people like to see us suffer. 🤣

• Haha 2

I would just get onboard and forget trying this app reservation thing.  Your all correct in that is very difficult at best.  Go to the speciality restaurant of your choice and talk to someone at the desk.  I find that in person with a nice attitude and smile goes a long way.  😁

10 minutes ago, wcflats said:

I would just get onboard and forget trying this app reservation thing.  Your all correct in that is very difficult at best.  Go to the speciality restaurant of your choice and talk to someone at the desk.  I find that in person with a nice attitude and smile goes a long way.  😁

That is exactly what I plan to do --- like your thinking.

1 minute ago, WAvoyager said:

If you have a SD credit, you still need to go through the credit card and “purchase” process, but the final purchase price should be $0.   Thats the way it’s been for previous sailings.

Aware of that but can't find how to purchase the dinners.  As I stated,  I can't find a link that works to purchase the dinners.

Question: if we have club class…can we just walk up for specialty dining? I just saw the speciality dining of 7:30. Just wondering if we can just walk up at any time like we can in MDR.

Edited by SmedonSeas

23 minutes ago, SmedonSeas said:

Question: if we have club class…can we just walk up for specialty dining? I just saw the speciality dining of 7:30. Just wondering if we can just walk up at any time like we can in MDR.

No.  While reservations aren't required it doesn't mean that there will be seats available.  If there are seats available you will be seated in order of arrival. 

• Haha 1

I've had a lot of problems with the app.  Trying to order medallion, specialty dinner, etc.  I called Princess for help.  He was able to book the dining for me but not the custom medallions.  He said we would have to pick them up at the port.  Since I haven't paid for the custom ones, I'm assuming we will get the generic ones.