RoyalUp Bids Acceptance and Denials

I would like to start, (or restart) a section for RoyalUp acceptance and denials.

Please put in this format:

Sailing Date

Ship

Current Category Sailing (priced)

# Passengers

Category Bid On

Amount Bid (Per Person)

Accepted or Denied

12/19/2021

Liberty of the Seas

Category 2V (ZI)

2 Passengers

4D (Balcony)

$125

Accepted

12/19/2021

Liberty of the Seas

Category 2T (2T)

2 Passengers

4N (Oceanview)

$45

Accepted

12/19/2021

Liberty of the Seas

Category 4N (4N)

2 Passengers

4B (Spacious Balcony)

$450

Accepted

Edited by Spike89
Made Per Person Pricing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I don't  know what a 2V or 2T 4N  is.  I need words like Interior/ OV/ Bal etc. 

For some, the detail of the category (there are several within the interior category for example) matters. 

Biker, who thinks this thread won’t go any further than many other previous attempts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Royal Ups are so random and unpredictable, I see nothing to be gleaned from such a collection of data. 

😒Not to mention that perhaps a better deal can be had by simply calling and asking the current price of the upgrade you want. We had a virtual balcony inside cabin booked for our recent Navigator sailing (May 16 - 20). After final payment the Royal Up emails started arriving but the prices were, IMO, ridiculous. For a lark I called in and asked about purchasing an upgrade and ended up taking a spacious balcony in an amazing location on Deck 11 for a total of $69/USD for both of us. That's about 1/3 the starting bid, per person, that Royal Up wanted.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think it is great value to see what kind of bids are being accepted.....but also agree with others that it is highly variable due to ship sizes/ booked capacities.  

@ronandannette you shared an interesting experience, so does this mean that even though the online price of a balcony was much higher than the minimum upgrade amounts, you were able to get a lower than current online price over the phone directly with Royal?  I assume your initial booking was with them but that is surprising (and great to know) that one can call and get lower rates than the website price or upgrade price.

While it might be interesting to see what others bid and whether their bid was accepted, that data can't tell you if the same bid would be successful on another cruise.

The best advice that I've read is to do a mock booking to see what an outright upgrade would cost from your existing booking. Figure out how much the upgrade is worth to YOU and bid. If you win, be happy and don't second guess yourself wondering if you might have paid less.

Barb

On 5/21/2022 at 12:21 AM, ronandannette said:

😒Not to mention that perhaps a better deal can be had by simply calling and asking the current price of the upgrade you want. 

We won a Royal Up to a Grand Loft Suite on our recent Odyssey TA. The bid amount was WAY less than if we just booked the Grand Loft Suite 🙂 

We are on the June 6th Quantum of the Seas sailing and just received our e-mail this afternoon that are bid was accepted going from an inside to an oceanview balcony.  We bid $5.00 over minimum.  First time bidding on the Royal Up App.

We did the minimum bid for our upcoming EN 6 night EN cruise (July 22).  We booked a JS and bid $150/person for a GS.  We didn't bother going higher because a) there are only like 10 1 br GS on EN and b) all suites are already sold out so the odds of us getting it are pretty low anyway.  All our other booked cruises are b2b's so we won't be bidding on any of those as we like being in the same cabin which we already are.  So, this was just a stab in the dark.

Edited by BND