Solo Meet

esther e

Thanks to Mr. Roger Jett's web site he has posted the embarkation day "When and Where" from the Zuiderdam Alaska 7 day cruise in April 2022. There is a "Singles and Solo's Travelers Meetup" in the Ocean Bar at 8pm.

Z2022-WW-Embarkation-Day-01.pdf (rogerjett-photography.com)

That said, I have never attended one and have not heard how well attended they are.

There is a wealth of info on his site! Thank you again Roger, aka @Crew News

2 hours ago, esther e said:

Does HAL have a solo get together early in the cruise so we can meet fellow solo travelers?

On ms Rotterdam Norse Legends May 1st : I checked quickly the When and WHere:  day of embarkation in Billboard on board (18.00 hrs) , day 2 Seaday: 12.00 Main Dining Room.  Like @oakridgerI never attended (family of 7...) so donot know the attendance. From earlier (longuer) cruises I noticed that many soloers found each other. 

10 hours ago, esther e said:

Does HAL have a solo get together early in the cruise so we can meet fellow solo travelers?

As noted above, there was a brief solo meeting hosted by the ship on my last Zuiderdam cruise and a promise of more events.  Even though I have been traveling solo for a number of years, this was my first attendance.  The host asked each of us (9) to say something about ourselves and then give one word that would describe us.  Of course I had to say "adventurous".   No room numbers were exchanged.  If there were more events, I don't know.

Sometimes, in my experience, there will may be one hosted solos event and it will be on embarkation day at the most inconvenient time possible for any solos who dine during second seating.  One has a choice:  attend the solos event, miss dinner, dine in the Lido, or choose first seating dinner.  Any other solo events scheduled will be non-hosted.  And, poorly attended. 

On long cruises, such as world cruises, solo events are better scheduled, usually are hosted, and reasonably well attended.  I have enjoyed meeting other solos and participating with some of them on shore excursions as a result of these events.