Testing ? for anyone cruising out of Italy

We are sailing on the Odyssey in a few weeks and I am wondering if we can use the eMed test? It is listed under the testing section for Italy on RCCL’s website but the link to purchase them seems to only mention travel from North America. I would love to hear from someone who has personally sailed out of Italy and used these tests to confirm before I purchase them. Thanks so much!!  

1 hour ago, Kymberlyfarr said:

We are sailing on the Odyssey in a few weeks and I am wondering if we can use the eMed test? It is listed under the testing section for Italy on RCCL’s website but the link to purchase them seems to only mention travel from North America. I would love to hear from someone who has personally sailed out of Italy and used these tests to confirm before I purchase them. Thanks so much!!  

We are onboard the Odyssey of the Seas...today is the last sea-day before we disembark in Civitavecchia tomorrow.

We plan on using eMed today in our cabin...hoping the internet works well.

* Yes, passengers on the Odyssey the past 3 weeks have sucessfully used eMed and results accepted for their flights back to the U.S.

Thanks so much for your reply! Do you know if RCCL accepts the same test for your pre boarding testing requirement? We are going to be in Rome a few days before our cruise and wanted to take the tests with us and then administer them at the hotel the day before we board. 

Royal does accept the emed proctored test for boarding no matter where you board from. I used emed before the Odyssey TA and again from my hotel the day we disembarked for a flight back to the US the next day. 

52 minutes ago, Kymberlyfarr said:

Thanks so much for your reply! Do you know if RCCL accepts the same test for your pre boarding testing requirement? We are going to be in Rome a few days before our cruise and wanted to take the tests with us and then administer them at the hotel the day before we board. 

Yes, RCCL accepts the test. :classic_smile:

A number of passengers did exactly the same thing the past 2 sailings...test the day before, and at the hotel. (Wishing you negative results)

Happy Sailing!

just curious....

since Italy no longer requires testing for boarding cruise ships, will RCCL ever drop their requirement for pre boarding tests?.....asking for a friend...

7 minutes ago, spunks said:

just curious....

since Italy no longer requires testing for boarding cruise ships, will RCCL ever drop their requirement for pre boarding tests?.....asking for a friend...

Ever, or some time this cruise season?

5 minutes ago, spunks said:

I suppose I mean during this year...Thanks for helping me make the question clearer.

I'm betting the pre-embarkation testing requirement will be dropped at beginning of July.

23 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I'm betting the pre-embarkation testing requirement will be dropped at beginning of July.

I can't see it until the crew are consistently clear of covid.

That can also vary ship to ship.

Update:

* Onboard the Odyssey of the Seas...last sea-day...disembarkation in Civitavecchia tomorrow.

* 3:55pm...Woohoo!!! Just tested onboard using eMed...NEGATIVE results. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Update:

* Onboard the Odyssey of the Seas...last sea-day...disembarkation in Civitavecchia tomorrow.

* 3:55pm...Woohoo!!! Just tested onboard using eMed...NEGATIVE results. :classic_smile:

Congratulations! I know that's a relief. Did you use your cell phone for it, or did you have to take a laptop?

1 hour ago, trotzoll said:

Congratulations! I know that's a relief. Did you use your cell phone for it, or did you have to take a laptop?

Cellphone...Iphone 12 pro max...with a micro tripod. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Update

Ooo - good to know! I haven't been able to find an answer on if the ship's wifi is strong enough to handle the test?  So I guess it is?  I'm hoping to test the last day of my cruise too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, texasweather said:

Ooo - good to know! I haven't been able to find an answer on if the ship's wifi is strong enough to handle the test?  So I guess it is?  I'm hoping to test the last day of my cruise too.

Can confirm...wifi is strong.

We are onboard the Odyssey of tbe Seas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Update:

Great news @bonsai3s! Safe travels home and thanks again for all your contributions to my live thread. 🥰 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, d9704011 said:

It's already been extended to September.

Protocols on ships sailing out of North American ports were scheduled to expire on June 30 but will now be in place until September 30. European departure protocols were extended through June 30.