Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

The Captain just announced a helicopter medical evacuation. He said that they would have to clear all outside decks, and you weren't even allowed to go out onto your own balcony. I've never heard anything like this before, and I've been on board during plenty of emergencies...

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The Captain just announced a helicopter medical evacuation. He said that they would have to clear all outside decks, and you weren't even allowed to go out onto your own balcony. I've never heard anything like this before, and I've been on board during plenty of emergencies...

How do they stop you from going out on your own balcony 

• Like 3

I was able to find a vantage point inside the gym where I could see the helicopter hovering above. Next thing, security comes in and clears everyone out. I mean, I'm all for safety, but they're going way overboard here. Someone is injured, but the president isn't landing on the ship or anything like that... 

PXL_20220528_235413074.thumb.jpg.178958d39d3571754c6b1518d251a615.jpg

PXL_20220528_235435794.thumb.jpg.9b4302cab12500b610077ac32202958f.jpg

PXL_20220528_235453124.jpg

• Like 8

Man, I had to get out of that bar... This really loud obnoxious lady comes in and says "I want a drink"... The bartender says "okay, what would you like?". "Wine!"... So, the bartender asks "Cabernet?" - "No!" - "Pinot noir?" - "No!" - "Malbec?" - "No!" - "Chardonnay?" - "No!"... At this point, I wanted to say "please, lady just tell him what kind of wine you want!"... I'm telling you what, there are some kooky people on this ship...

• Haha 15

17 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

... I'm telling you what, there are some kooky people on this ship...

Well, red is anything but a relaxing color. That's why I'm always in a bad mood when I leave a Target.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Still in search of the best margarita on board. This time at Extra Virgin... Don Julio Anejo...

PXL_20220529_004124768.jpg

Sid didn’t you say earlier in this thread that the last time you were on this ship the best Margarita on the ship was in an Italian place? I haven’t seen any mention of you being to the Italian place yet this time. Have you checked it out this cruise to see if they still have the best Margarita on board?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Just like last time, there's an entire area full of speedos... Must be some kind of "club"... 

Our last cruise was filled with many massive cheeks exposed that we really didn’t want to see. I think I’d rather see fit guys in speedos. 🤮

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2022 at 3:42 PM, sid_9169 said:

You can't edit anything after about a half hour... I'm not really worried about it, I just thought it was strange since practically every Time, Dick, and Harry have the "rare" designation...

Hey now. Let’s keep this friendly! We crappy livers are still in The Club over here holding up the walls.

I think they are looking for dates in the title as well. I was pegged again immediately when I started my current thread weeks early with a note from CC that “promotion” would begin the 29th, i.e. one day before sailing.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Hey now. Let’s keep this friendly! We crappy livers are still in The Club over here holding up the walls.

I think they are looking for dates in the title as well. I was pegged again immediately when I started my current thread weeks early with a note from CC that “promotion” would begin the 29th, i.e. one day before sailing.

Honestly, it's just not that important to me, I just thought it was interesting that dozens and dozens of other reviewers have the designation... I'm as rare as they come, no matter what CV thinks of me:)

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, mommio said:

Our last cruise was filled with many massive cheeks exposed that we really didn’t want to see. I think I’d rather see fit guys in speedos. 🤮

Oh, there are PLENTY of those too...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, LeeRB said:

Sid didn’t you say earlier in this thread that the last time you were on this ship the best Margarita on the ship was in an Italian place? I haven’t seen any mention of you being to the Italian place yet this time. Have you checked it out this cruise to see if they still have the best Margarita on board?

See above... Extra Virgin is the Italian restaurant. It all has to do with the bartender. I've been ordering top shelf, but the balance has to be just right. Hopefully I can still find "the one"...

• Like 8

Looks like a beautiful sunny day here in Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic... I had another one of my famous marathon sleep sessions, and I'm trying to shake off the cobwebs. I'm up at the Ground Club Too for my four dollar cup of Americano... No idea whatsoever as to what I'm going to do today. Here's to living by the seat of my pants...

• Like 11

Looks like we're still in the process of pulling into the port. I figured that we would be parked by now. Looks like some kind of small town, and I can also see an old military fort at the entrance to the port area...

• Like 5

Finally caught up. Food is looking great all around. I’m not sure how I feel about pastry used as a cooking aid and then presumably discarded but it certainly adds to the decadence factor.

Based on the pics, you’ve definitely got a lotta sweet nooks! Can I say that?

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 10