Coffee Card Question

This is the description of the Coffee Card in the Cruise Planner:

Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees.”

I understand the 15 specialty coffees, but what’s the last part about? 50% off individually purchased coffees after you’ve used your punches, or some other paid type of coffee that isn’t the free swill in the WJ?

It's been awhile but we have had coffee card in the past and used for lattes, etc. as description states.  At times we would have an extra shot of espresso added and they would punch for 2.  

The 50% off may be for coffees such as Irish coffee?   I'm interested to hear what others have to say.

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees.”

I understand the 15 specialty coffees, but what’s the last part about? 50% off individually purchased coffees after you’ve used your punches, or some other paid type of coffee that isn’t the free swill in the WJ?

I think you are misreading that description. They just mean that for the right kind of coffee, the math is such that a punch on the card could cost you about 1/2 what you'd pay if you paid for that same drink individually. That can be very misleading since the only way you save money with the card is if you buy only drinks with one coffee shot in it or the barista lets you have any coffee with just one punch. You won't know about the latter part until you are on the ship and ask the barista how many punches they use per your drink. Like any/all marketing the key word there is "up to 50%".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's been awhile but we have had coffee card in the past and used for lattes, etc. as description states.  At times we would have an extra shot of espresso added and they would punch for 2.  

The 50% off may be for coffees such as Irish coffee?   I'm interested to hear what others have to say.

Since DH often gets double espressos that may not be a good value in his case. 

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I think you are misreading that description. They just mean that for the right kind of coffee, the math is such that a punch on the card could cost you about 1/2 what you'd pay if you paid for that same drink individually. That can be very misleading since the only way you save money with the card is if you buy only drinks with one coffee shot in it or the barista lets you have any coffee with just one punch. You won't know about the latter part until you are on the ship and ask the barista how many punches they use per your drink. Like any/all marketing the key word there is "up to 50%".

If that’s the case I did misread it….and I’ll definitely wait until I’m on board since hubby enjoys double espressos. Hopefully Anthem has enough locations selling espressos that I can find at least one barista that won’t double punch. 

4 hours ago, vjmatty said:

If that’s the case I did misread it….and I’ll definitely wait until I’m on board since hubby enjoys double espressos. Hopefully Anthem has enough locations selling espressos that I can find at least one barista that won’t double punch. 

on Anthem you can get espresso at Cafe 270, La pasiterre (spelling) at the promenade or WJ.   Imo the barista in the WJ is the best and if same guy is still there he's your best bet to get one punch for 2 shots.   Give a nice tip on your first one and he will remember you😉

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, vjmatty said:

This is the description of the Coffee Card in the Cruise Planner:

Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees.”

It's bad technical writing. They'd have been better off just leaving that last sentence out.

7 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Since DH often gets double espressos that may not be a good value in his case. 

sometimes they use 2 punches for a double expresso, I think it depends on the person manning the register.

Also, the 50% off refers to the regular coffee that they will charge for (not in the dinning rooms but at the Barrister). 

The coffee card and the vouchers plus a drink or 2 extra is what I get. I have used it on a different sailing. I bought and used it on one and a month later another one. I had one left and thought I would try it. Worked. It was the same ship, don't know if that made any difference.