Are WOW Bands Back?

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They were not on Symphony in the first 2 weeks of March and they would not even program old ones.

First day on Wonder I got in the line and was queried by the screener as to why I was there.  Told her and she said they could not do it.  Went back to guest services a day later and they were happy to do it.  Go figure!

Just now, ONECRUISER said:

Not last month. Just got one like at a concert

Agree. In our experience with children - albeit many years ago - the wrist bands were of different colors to ID the child's age and program involvement so as to be reunited there if separated, or coordinated in an emergency.  They were not - nor to my knowledge have been - the WOW style.

• Like 1

Adventure Ocean provides a different colored wrist band at sign up on the first day. They do not "do" anything. Their main purpose is to allow kids to be gathered up and "herded" (sorry for that word) toward the lifeboats in an emergency. They can also be a quick way to count the kids in the different leveled programs when outside of Adventure Ocean doing a parade, of scavenger hunt.

Pre-pandemic, I can't recall whether it was on Anthem or Symphony in that they would not re-program previous WOW bands, however, you could get new ones for $5 each.  Thought about and decide against as one can simply tap the door sensor to get into the cabin.  This to me was the biggest plus when it was introduced on the Quantum.

• Like 1

I must admit I do miss them. 

I'm not on social media. Will someone reach out to one of their many platforms and ask them when will they start issuing and using them again?  Thank you.

Edited by cynt