Walgreens NAAT test- answer to question 1- are you traveling?

I went to sign up for the NAAT Covid test for next Saturday.   The first question is are you wanting this test for travel.  I answered yes.  I want to make sure that by answering yes to that question that the test will still be free.  I know for the CVS test  and that question, everyone says to answer no or it won't be covered. 

I have tried calling the store and can't get thru to the clinic to verify.  If anyone has filled out the questionnaire before, can you please tell me if you answered yes to that question to reassure me that there was no charge for the test.

There are no CVS stores in our area within 100 miles for us to be tested there.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, juhacorno410 said:

I went to sign up for the NAAT Covid test for next Saturday.   The first question is are you wanting this test for travel.  I answered yes.  I want to make sure that by answering yes to that question that the test will still be free.  I know for the CVS test  and that question, everyone says to answer no or it won't be covered. 

I have tried calling the store and can't get thru to the clinic to verify.  If anyone has filled out the questionnaire before, can you please tell me if you answered yes to that question to reassure me that there was no charge for the test.

There are no CVS stores in our area within 100 miles for us to be tested there.

Thank you!

If you answer yes, then CVS defaults to a different test, just select no and they should showup.Also,you have to go to the clinic now, I would check Walgreens, much easier!

9 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

If you answer yes, then CVS defaults to a different test, just select no and they should showup.Also,you have to go to the clinic now, I would check Walgreens, much easier!

Read the OP's post, they are going to Walgreens, said no CVS within 100 miles.

17 minutes ago, luv2sailAgain said:

Thank you! We signed up to be tested next week.  I had answered "yes" and was wondering about a charge.

They typically ask for insurance information with the sign in.  That, I believe, is what assures it is free. We have always answered "yes" as that provides the accurate answer and have never had a site charge for the test. (Sounds convoluted to answer "no" if one is traveling).  BTW, even is there was a CVS nearby they (at least in our area) no longer offer the original rapid antigen test and don't offer the rapid NAAT test either -  only the PCR test.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Walgreens here didn't ask for insurance. Mine didn't even ask for my ID when I arrived! 🙈

Is my cheesesteak on its way to Harmony? 😋

Well, I couldn't resist and ate it on the way home before I could get to FedEx......sorry.  I'll get another to you for sure....😉

• Haha 1

We're thinking about using Walgreens for our August 18th cruise on AOS.  How long after you submit the test at Walgreens is it before you receive the results?

Thank You;

Bill

19 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

They are asking about Walgreens......

7 hours ago, Ky Bill said:

We're thinking about using Walgreens for our August 18th cruise on AOS.  How long after you submit the test at Walgreens is it before you receive the results?

Thank You;

Bill

I was told 2 hours or less for the NAAT test.  We are testing this Saturday.  We are sailing on Monday!  Hope we are all negative......

1 hour ago, juhacorno410 said:

I was told 2 hours or less for the NAAT test.  We are testing this Saturday.  We are sailing on Monday!  Hope we are all negative......

With the demand down, we got our results in 30 minutes.

• Like 1

We tested Friday at Walgreens for our Sunday cruise and Sat travel to Vancouver.  NAAT test was fine.  They did not charge us and had the results in less than 1 hour.  They emailed and adobe doc which we downloaded and printed.  

On 5/28/2022 at 7:07 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

They typically ask for insurance information with the sign in.  That, I believe, is what assures it is free. We have always answered "yes" as that provides the accurate answer and have never had a site charge for the test. (Sounds convoluted to answer "no" if one is traveling).  BTW, even is there was a CVS nearby they (at least in our area) no longer offer the original rapid antigen test and don't offer the rapid NAAT test either -  only the PCR test.

I need to correct myself on this information.  I just signed us in for our Walgreens rapid NAAT test for our upcoming Allure cruise and it did not ask for insurance information.  It asked all of the other personal profile, general health, and vax history questions, however.  In looking back it was CVS that asked for insurance when scheduling their previously offered rapid antigen test.

My apologies - I do want to provide correct information.