Anyone fly from US to Italy for cruise recently?

Kymberlyfarr

Just wanting to make sure I understand the protocol for our upcoming Delta flights. We fly out of Atlanta to FCO next week and then back after our cruise on the Odyssey. It is my understanding we have to wear masks on our flight there but not on the way back. Is this correct? 

4 hours ago, Kymberlyfarr said:

Just wanting to make sure I understand the protocol for our upcoming Delta flights. We fly out of Atlanta to FCO next week and then back after our cruise on the Odyssey. It is my understanding we have to wear masks on our flight there but not on the way back. Is this correct? 

it depends on what airline you're flying.  for example, KLM doesn't require masks on any flights anymore.  American Airlines and Lufthansa are still requiring masks on all flights.

1 hour ago, crazyank said:

it depends on what airline you're flying.  for example, KLM doesn't require masks on any flights anymore.  American Airlines and Lufthansa are still requiring masks on all flights.

Actually it depends on the country you are flying to. In Germany there´s still a mask mandate in public transportation which includes flights. Therefore on all flights to and from Germany you have to wear a mask. Despite that LH just announced that the cabin attendants are not enforcing this anymore due to conflicts with passengers.

As far as I know Italy has the mask mandate on flights too.

steamboats

9 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

@dunedinmaiden I know you are likely jet lagged, but can you answer this question? 😊

I didn't pay much attention regarding the mask requirement from the U.S. to FCO and back because we chose to wear masks ourselves.  We didn't want to take a chance and ruin either our cruise or our return to the States.  If I recall correctly, I don't think they were required because the flight attendants weren't wearing masks (Swiss Air).

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2022 at 8:42 AM, steamboats said:

Actually it depends on the country you are flying to. In Germany there´s still a mask mandate in public transportation which includes flights. Therefore on all flights to and from Germany you have to wear a mask. Despite that LH just announced that the cabin attendants are not enforcing this anymore due to conflicts with passengers.

As far as I know Italy has the mask mandate on flights too.

steamboats

KLM has completely stopped requiring masks, including on flights into Germany,   we flew into munich last night,  also, masks are no longer required in the terminals.

9 hours ago, crazyank said:

KLM has completely stopped requiring masks, including on flights into Germany,   we flew into munich last night,  also, masks are no longer required in the terminals.

That´s correct, no masks in the terminal. Anyway KLM is not obeying the German laws which require masks for flights to and from Germany.

steamboats