Testing Site at Canada Place closing

SharonN

Did anyone else just get an email that they are closing the Testing Site at Canada Place?  They're automatically rescheduling them for the Airport. Well that doesn't work for us. We're flying in on Fri to sail on Sun so need the test done on Sat and going back to the airport seems a bit out of the way. Anyone know of anywhere near the port to get a test on Sat? So much for all the planning I did. 

Travel Clinic Vancouver

Suite 102
970 Burrard St
Vancouver
British Columbia
V6Z 2R4

Tel: +1 888 672 0005

Email: info@canadiantravelclinics.ca

Vancouver Canada Place, Sinclair Center

232- 757 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Phone: 604.704.4216

This testing site isn’t in Canada Place according to the map, but close to Canad Place.

• Thanks 2

Fairmont Vancouver

900 W Georgia Street
(Fairmont Hotel Vancouver)
Vancouver, BC, V6C 2W6
MAP (opens Google Maps)

Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 7:00AM – 9:30PM
Saturday – Sunday: 8:30AM – 4:30PM 

Tests Available

• RT-PCR/NAAT 
    • 12 & 24-hour results
  • Rapid Antigen Testing
  • Serving all ages

This is a Fast Test Clinic

Edited by Storylady
  • Thanks 1

This is the other Fast Test location:

Pan Pacific Vancouver

999 Canada Pl #300 Vancouver, BC, V6C 3B5

Hours of Operation
Monday – Sunday: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM

Tests Available

• RT-PCR/NAAT 
    • 12 & 24-hour results
  • Rapid Antigen Testing
  • Serving all ages
  • Thanks 1

Tried those already neither one is allowing scheduling apts for Sat. Guess we get to spend our one free day in Vancouver going back to the airport. I used to like Vancouver, but I think it's off my list of cities to ever visit or start/end a cruise in again. 

You might contact your hotel.  Last year we had two hotels that arranged for a service to come to the hotel and do the test and results were available quickly.  This was in Venice and Istanbul so I don't know if it is available in Vancouver.   Cherie

• Like 1

Looks to me online is going to be the way to go. Bring a rapid test with you and use it in Van.  Only problem is you need to be sure your cellphone will cross the boarder, have the right carrier, or use a Canadian tester. Or do a very last minute test from the USA just before leaving…you can find somewhere to print the results after you arrive ex hotel or just use your email message and take a photo. Good luck to all. 

23 minutes ago, SharonN said:

Tried those already neither one is allowing scheduling apts for Sat. Guess we get to spend our one free day in Vancouver going back to the airport. I used to like Vancouver, but I think it's off my list of cities to ever visit or start/end a cruise in again. 

I realize you are venting but the testing is a requirement of the US gov’t and nothing to do with Vancouver.  If anyone should be providing the testing it should be Holland America.

Have you tried Align Travel Clinic?  They have appointments for Saturdays.

I also agree with @cccoleto check with your hotel. 

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, Storylady said:

This is the other Fast Test location:

Pan Pacific Vancouver

999 Canada Pl #300 Vancouver, BC, V6C 3B5

Hours of Operation
Monday – Sunday: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM

Tests Available

• RT-PCR/NAAT 
    • 12 & 24-hour results
  • Rapid Antigen Testing
  • Serving all ages

Unfortunately, I tried to book and this site is also closed temporarily. The other Fast Test site at the Downtown Fairmont is available. So sorry that I posted this before checking for an appointment.

12 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I realize you are venting but the testing is a requirement of the US gov’t and nothing to do with Vancouver.  If anyone should be providing the testing it should be Holland America.

It is also required by Canada to board a cruise ship

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Sorry I know I'm venting and am trying to calm down (it's been a crazy week in general). I don't have a problem with having to get a test before boarding. I think it should be required so not blaming the US or HAL. The problem is that Vancouver set up a test site, took appointments and payments, and then at the last minute closes down the site with little to no alternatives. They are not answering emails or phone calls about the rescheduling. We're staying at the Pan Pacific and they aren't taking apts.  At this point my husband is insisting we just go back to the airport since they've (supposedly) reschedule us there so I guess that's what we'll do. Sure not the way I wanted to start our first trip in over 2 years but hopefully we'll get past this and the cruise itself will be good.  

3 minutes ago, SharonN said:

Sorry I know I'm venting and am trying to calm down (it's been a crazy week in general). I don't have a problem with having to get a test before boarding. I think it should be required so not blaming the US or HAL. The problem is that Vancouver set up a test site, took appointments and payments, and then at the last minute closes down the site with little to no alternatives. They are not answering emails or phone calls about the rescheduling. We're staying at the Pan Pacific and they aren't taking apts.  At this point my husband is insisting we just go back to the airport since they've (supposedly) reschedule us there so I guess that's what we'll do. Sure not the way I wanted to start our first trip in over 2 years but hopefully we'll get past this and the cruise itself will be good.  

This site does have appointments. As long as you aren’t doing it on the day of your cruise, you should be able to make an appointment. We are staying at the Pan Pacific and I had checked and they said they were doing it. But it looks like the Pan Pacific and Convention Center site have temporarily closed. https://www.canadiantravelclinics.ca/Clinics/Vancouver/1056-/Travel-Clinic-Vancouver-Burrard-St

Just now, lynanken said:

Why can't you can take the test on Friday at the airport, it meets the requirements of 2 days.

Not sure how to work that out with the HAL transfer to the hotel. doubt they'd wait a couple of hrs for us to got thru that and we don't get in till late afternoon. Just bad timing all around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Try Shoppers Drugs.  They have appointments and are very reasonable 

All the Drug Store sites I saw were only open or taking apts Mon - Thu, and Sun afternoons. Guess they didnt' want to deal with the weekend cruise crowds 🙂

6 minutes ago, SharonN said:

All the Drug Store sites I saw were only open or taking apts Mon - Thu, and Sun afternoons. Guess they didnt' want to deal with the weekend cruise crowds 🙂

This site in the photo does COVID testing. It is a 10 minute walk from Pan Pacific. And they have a Saturday appointment when I last checked. There is a 1:10 appointment left.

572277BB-B4FE-47FB-A870-C593FAB33603.png

11 minutes ago, SharonN said:

Not sure how to work that out with the HAL transfer to the hotel. doubt they'd wait a couple of hrs for us to got thru that and we don't get in till late afternoon. Just bad timing all around. 

If you are going to pay for a taxi to and from the airport for a test, would it not be better to get the test done upon arrival and pay for a taxi to your hotel?  Cherie

2 hours ago, SharonN said:

Did anyone else just get an email that they are closing the Testing Site at Canada Place?  They're automatically rescheduling them for the Airport.

I have an appt booked and paid for at the CVM medical site at the convention center, after disembarkation from the Zuiderdam in early July (Wednesday), before I go to the airport.

I haven't received any email from them about closing up shop, but their website for that location now reads "No services".  This is a huge disappointment and feels like piling on after HAL bailed out of it's onboard testing.

Thank you for posting the news. I probably wouldn't have known about it until very late in the game.  

35 minutes ago, SharonN said:

Sharon, if you are on afternoon flight, book the appointment at the airport. They aren’t busy later in the day. Shouldn’t take you more than 10 or 20 minutes. Also, there is a site in the domestic terminal that is extremely slow from what I understand. Problem is leaving Canada for the US with an early flight. It is a real bummer that you booked your appointment, paid and then they notify you at the last minute that they are closed. So glad we didn’t book ours. Wonder if it is a strike!

The site is on the Departure level at the end of the International building from what I understand. I didn’t look for it when I was there in early May.

You could also get PCR test at home the day before your flight. It would be expensive, but maybe the hassle is worth the price. PCR tests are okay 3 days before cruise if you are up to date with your vaccinations. Check HAL website.

Edited by Storylady

44 minutes ago, SharonN said:

We are in a similiar situation but our scheduled, and paid for test is not until July 8th. I have yet to get an email telling me the site has been moved. We are sailing July 10th on the Noordam.

You can sign into CVM Medical and create an account, you then can modify your appointment time at the airport, take the train and see the sights. This is what we are going to do.

I just emailed CVM Medical  to ask about the Convention Center closure, and the status of my confirmed appointment on July 6 after I get off the Zuiderdam.   Their reply came immediately.

Good Day!

Thank you for contacting CVM Medical.  Please know that your message has been received and we are doing our utmost to return your message in a timely fashion.

If you are writing regarding your rescheduled Vancouver Convention Centre appointment.  We are working through these as fast as we can.  We are working date by date.  Your appointments will be scheduled to the same date and time as your previous appointments unless other wise specified.

Antigen Tests will all be rescheduled to Vancouver International Airport

3211 Grant McConachie Way

L:evel 3 – end of US departures, counters 289 to 298

Before security

Richmond BC  V7B 0A4

PCR tests will all be rescheduled to our Richmond location

7311 Westminster Hwy

8th Floor – Skyview Room

Richmond BC V6X 1A3

We thank you for your patience during these unexpected times.

Edited by Boatdrill