Back to back on different ships

How much support does Royal offer for people getting off one ship and getting on a different Royal ship in the same port (Everglades) on the same day.  Do they offer any help with moving bags?  Covid tests if necessary for the next ship?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks

Roy

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Do they offer any help with moving bags?

Not usually. You might luck into a shuttle, but don't count on it. The first should help with the test. BTW, most here refer to such sailings as S2S (side to side).

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

We did a Celebrity to Royal cruise a few years ago- Celebrity gave us a lift on the airport shuttle- since we had so much time, after the airport shuttle let people off- he drove us back to the royal Harmony pier- we really had zero problem and gave the driver a generous tip.  We arranged this a couple of days before the end of the first cruise with Customer Service.

We did this also another time and took a cab from one boarding area to the other- Too far to walk.

Edited by Cruise a holic

When on board, see if they might have a shuttle.  If not, take a taxi or walk.  The two ships are not linked.  You need to move your own bags since it is two different cruises.  You should also check the policy with RCCL on the covid tests, since it changes often.  Most likely, you can get it on your first ship for a fee. 

• Thanks 1

Since it’s on 2 different ships, it’s technically not a b2b.  I think I’ve heard it called a side by side.  My understanding is that Royal doesn’t help at all with the move.  It’s all on you.

we also did a s2s, we went to guest services to make sure we were on their list for testing since we were going from one ship to another actully the next day but different port cities, actually one was FL and the next day was out of LA, they did the covid testing for us so we could meet the 48 hour antigen test since we were still on board during our testing window.  They could not have been greater about it, this was in April.  We went from the Harmony to the Navigator, they even made sure we had printed copies  of our negative tests to take with us.  Awesome service.

• Like 1