Updated ArriveCAN to sail out of Vancouver

I am a little confused for the Arrivcan for the embarkation on the ship.  Preparing my first Arrivcan at my home on my laptop.  My phone does not have any other capabilities but talking no texting.  How do I prepare my second Arrivcan for my cruise departdure?

1 hour ago, grimsleypals said:

I am a little confused for the Arrivcan for the embarkation on the ship.  Preparing my first Arrivcan at my home on my laptop.  My phone does not have any other capabilities but talking no texting.  How do I prepare my second Arrivcan for my cruise departdure?

Bring your laptop is the obvious answer! Then everything will be exactly the same in terms of completing the Trip entry - although unless you schlep a printer along too, you'll either have to haul the laptop out for anyone who requests to see the QR code or find a business centre to print it (Staples lets you email a print job).

Are you traveling with someone else, who has a smart phone, Android tablet, iPad etc? Emailing them with your result would work, even if they don't count as being part of your traveling group such that you could have them include you on their ArriveCAN entry.

Many folks don't seem to realise that even a regular Kindle can display documents and images not just ebooks, you can email a PDF, jpg etc. file to your Kindle. So if you even have a Kindle, you can email your results to yourself on that.

Worst case, someone else anywhere in the world who you trust with your info can fill out ArriveCAN on your behalf! Kids, grandkids at home who aren't cruising with you? They can do it - just be sure to confirm you crossed the border so they don't 'help' too soon and cause you trouble!!!! - and then email the result.

If you have a precruise stay in a hotel, use their business centre to access the website and print it works too.

Edited by martincath

If you initially fill out your preliminary details on the ArriveCan website on your desktop PC at home (let's say a month or so prior to your trip), can you finish by entering the trip details (a couple of days prior to your trip) on your iPhone's ArriveCan app?  Thanks

Just saw this On arrive can 

If you have no smartphone or are taking a short trip

Within 72 hours of your arrival in Canada or before taking a short trip outside Canada, you can sign in to ArriveCAN from a computer to get your ArriveCAN receipt. Print your receipt and take it with you when you travel. You can also have someone submit your travel information on your behalf.

means you may have to access a pc on the ship to print it off. 

I appreciate all the responses.  I have planned a pre-cruise for Vancouver and staying in a downtown hotel.  I could use their facilities but is it secure.  The first arrivecan can be done at home on my personal laptop but it is the second arrivecan for Royal Caribbean that is the problem.   Everyone is saying you need two.  I am sure I am not alone with the situation.  Yes, I am a solo traveler and never before had a problem until now.  My personal information is important to me and do not want it compromised.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?  

7 hours ago, grimsleypals said:

I appreciate all the responses.  I have planned a pre-cruise for Vancouver and staying in a downtown hotel.  I could use their facilities but is it secure.  The first arrivecan can be done at home on my personal laptop but it is the second arrivecan for Royal Caribbean that is the problem.   Everyone is saying you need two.  I am sure I am not alone with the situation.  Yes, I am a solo traveler and never before had a problem until now.  My personal information is important to me and do not want it compromised.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?  

Hi, I have been cruising solo for 20 years.....not sure what problems you are referring to. If you download the app on your phone, all the information will be with you. I know I have had questions too but I have a feeling once you get to the port and if something is not showing up as required someone will be there to assist.  I am guessing there have been plenty of people  who have needed help since this program started.

8 hours ago, grimsleypals said:

Doing it yourself at the hotel is my suggestion.  The connection will be fine; security for entering your info into ArriveCan for pre-embarkation will be adequate.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I have been cruising solo for 20 years.....not sure what problems you are referring to. If you download the app on your phone, all the information will be with you. I know I have had questions too but I have a feeling once you get to the port and if something is not showing up as required someone will be there to assist.  I am guessing there have been plenty of people  who have needed help since this program started.

I am not using the app on my phone because it only used for emergency calls out and friends to call in.  It   The documents are all on my laptop.

16 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Doing it yourself at the hotel is my suggestion.  The connection will be fine; security for entering your info into ArriveCan for pre-embarkation will be adequate.

I believe that is all I can do at this point.  Now if my info is already in do I still have to download my passport and vaccination card again?  The other issue is the Royal Caribbean health questionnaire.  How should I respond to that?  Can that be done at the hotel also?

20 minutes ago, grimsleypals said:

I believe that is all I can do at this point.  Now if my info is already in do I still have to download my passport and vaccination card again?  The other issue is the Royal Caribbean health questionnaire.  How should I respond to that?  Can that be done at the hotel also?

I don't sail with Royal but if there is a questionnaire to fill out, then yes, just go to your account on the computer, fill it out and print it out. As long as the hotel you are staying at has a computer for their guests to use you should be fine.

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I don't sail with Royal but if there is a questionnaire to fill out, then yes, just go to your account on the computer, fill it out and print it out. As long as the hotel you are staying at has a computer for their guests to use you should be fine.

I decided to call Canada verify this information and their response was only one arrivcan is necessary for my trip because I am not returning to Canada.  It is a Hawaii Cruise departing Vancouver arriving in Hawaii.  So my precruise information by air is all I need.  Hope this also helps anyone else.  Thanks to everyone who has given me great input!

• Thanks 2

I decided to call Canada verify this information and their response was only one arrivcan is necessary for my trip because I am not returning to Canada.  It is a Hawaii Cruise departing Vancouver arriving in Hawaii.  So my precruise information by air is all I need.  Hope this also helps anyone else.  Thanks to everyone who has given me great input!

Huh....that one-way to Hawaii would have been good to know.  Have a great trip.

On 8/11/2022 at 6:48 AM, grimsleypals said:

You should have no problem filling out the RCI health questionnaire at your hotel online or using the RCI App.