Princess Shuttle Bus (Seattle to Vancouver) Question

Italy52

I have already posted my question on the Alaska board but thought I would also post it here in case someone has the information I need.

I would like to hear from anyone who has taken the Princess Shuttle from Seattle to Vancouver -- is there WiFi on board the bus?  I need to fill out an additional ArriveCAN before boarding the ship.  The ArriveCAN I will need for crossing the land border into Canada will be done prior to arriving in Seattle and within the 72 hour time frame.   I am crossing the border and embarking on the same day.

There are different options for getting to Vancouver. The easiest is a quick flight from Seatac to YVR and then a taxi or Skytrain to the terminal, which avoids getting off the bus at the border and going through with all your luggage. I use Quick Shuttle also, which goes from Seatac and ends at the cruise terminal--that's what Princess might be using as their shuttle. I believe it has wifi, otherwise your cell phone works in Washington to fill out the ArriveCAN app. Another option for those contemplating a Vancouver departure is to fly into Bellingham (my home) on Southwest, which has daily arrivals from Oakland and Las Vegas, and Quick Shuttle goes from the airport to the cruise terminal. 

52 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Where did you find that shuttle from Seattle to Vancouver? That's a very long bus ride of 142 miles.

This is a disembarkation sheet from a recent cruiser. And yes there are Princess  transfers to Vancouver airport and to SeaTac. I know this doesn’t help the OP to answer anything about Wi-Fi on the bus getting to Vancouver but I have indeed taken the bus years ago after an Alaskan cruise  from Vancouver to Seattle on a Princess transfer.  

258D85EC-079A-42CA-9769-992F7B076617.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I have already posted my question on the Alaska board but thought I would also post it here in case someone has the information I need.

I would like to hear from anyone who has taken the Princess Shuttle from Seattle to Vancouver -- is there WiFi on board the bus?  I need to fill out an additional ArriveCAN before boarding the ship.  The ArriveCAN I will need for crossing the land border into Canada will be done prior to arriving in Seattle and within the 72 hour time frame.   I am crossing the border and embarking on the same day.

To see if the bus has WiFi, You might also want to post on a roll call that departs from Vancouver cruise port and or  A LIVE  from on one of those itineraries ,you might get someone that is planning on doing the same exact transfer weeks before  or has already done it.

What’s the chance that before you actually get on your cruise ship that you could fill everything out using Wi-Fi in the terminal ( in Canada) before you get on the ship.

10 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Where did you find that shuttle from Seattle to Vancouver? That's a very long bus ride of 142 miles.

The shuttle is offered by Princess; we had our TA call and make those arrangements.

10 hours ago, matadams4u said:

I don’t think there is WiFi on the bus but there will be WiFi at the Seattle airport.

WiFi at the Seattle Airport won't be of help to me.  As I mentioned, I will already have in hand my ArriveCAN to hand over at the border check to get into Canada.  Once I cross over into Canada, I will then have to fill out a new ArriveCAN to board the ship.  You can't have two ArriveCANs in play at the same time.

9 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

To see if the bus has WiFi, You might also want to post on a roll call that departs from Vancouver cruise port and or  A LIVE  from on one of those itineraries ,you might get someone that is planning on doing the same exact transfer weeks before  or has already done it.

What’s the chance that before you actually get on your cruise ship that you could fill everything out using Wi-Fi in the terminal ( in Canada) before you get on the ship.

Have been checking other areas and so far, no one is talking about the shuttle.  With regard to WiFI at Canada Place, it might work if it is operational --- I saw one post awhile back that said it wasn't working.  If all else fails, I will just go to a Starbucks and try there.

10 hours ago, rj59 said:

There are different options for getting to Vancouver. The easiest is a quick flight from Seatac to YVR and then a taxi or Skytrain to the terminal, which avoids getting off the bus at the border and going through with all your luggage. I use Quick Shuttle also, which goes from Seatac and ends at the cruise terminal--that's what Princess might be using as their shuttle. I believe it has wifi, otherwise your cell phone works in Washington to fill out the ArriveCAN app. Another option for those contemplating a Vancouver departure is to fly into Bellingham (my home) on Southwest, which has daily arrivals from Oakland and Las Vegas, and Quick Shuttle goes from the airport to the cruise terminal. 

Thanks for the suggestions.  This year we are not flying in or out of Vancouver; we are trying to avoid all the hassles.  Since a lot of the airlines are dropping flights we have decided that we will just make one flight and use the shuttle --- not our normal way of doing things but least hectic.  As for filling out ArriveCAN in Washington, that will not work for me.  I have the Arrive CAN for the Canadian border crossing but I need to fill out an additional one AFTER I am in Canada --- can't do two ArriveCANs (land border and cruise embark) at once as one will negate the other.  If the bus has WiFi, I will be good otherwise I will find another way.  Just thought I would put the WiFi question out there in case anyone knew.

11 hours ago, rj59 said:

It is a quick flight but if you are flying back from Vancouver to the US you will need a current covid test. No test needed if going by car or bus

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Have been checking other areas and so far, no one is talking about the shuttle.  With regard to WiFI at Canada Place, it might work if it is operational --- I saw one post awhile back that said it wasn't working.  If all else fails, I will just go to a Starbucks and try there.

Totally understand.  Hope you find an answer before you cruise. And if not post your experience after your cruise. Enjoy your vacation 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Since you will arrive in Canada via the land route you will already have entered Canada prior to boating the ship I don’t see why you will have to do the 2nd one

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, memoak said:

Since you will arrive in Canada via the land route you will already have entered Canada prior to boating the ship I don’t see why you will have to do the 2nd one

Because it’s required.

f you’re entering Canada to board a cruise ship:

• you’re required to use ArriveCAN prior to boarding your flight or before entering Canada by land and you may be selected to take an arrival test
  • if you’re entering Canada as part of an excursion during the cruise, you won’t be selected for arrival testing

Before boarding your cruise ship: all travellers must submit their embarkation test information into ArriveCAN within 72 hours of boarding a cruise, including Canadians and those who just used ArriveCAN to enter Canada:

• in another country for a cruise that will enter Canada
  • in Canada

15 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have to do a second ArriveCAN because I will be doing a loop 14 day cruise (Vancouver to Vancouver) -- I will be arriving by land and returning by ship so therefore I need to do two total.