Oasis Embarkation and tips about the Oasis?

I am going to be on the Oasis for the first time at the end of the month. Any tips for restaurants on embarkation? I'd prefer to skip the windjammer if possible and was thinking El Loco Fresh, but I'm open to all ideas.

Also, any Oasis of the Seas tips and tricks for myself, my wife and my 9 and 11 year old would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Park Cafe in Central Park is nice.

Go to the aqua show- it's amazing.  And hopefully they have ironed out some of the hoist issues so that you get the original show.

Other than that- spend time exploring the ship, but it can be a little overwhelming to see everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cvasto said:

I am going to be on the Oasis for the first time at the end of the month. Any tips for restaurants on embarkation? I'd prefer to skip the windjammer if possible and was thinking El Loco Fresh, but I'm open to all ideas.

Also, any Oasis of the Seas tips and tricks for myself, my wife and my 9 and 11 year old would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I don't know if El Loco was open upon embarkation.    Fwiw I thought it was ok but not AMAZING.  

Agree the Aqua80 show is must see.   Do not miss a stroll through Central Park.  

Book your shows as soon as you get on board!

Switch your phone to the ships wifi and book via the RCL app when you board 

Book Aqua 80 for the first  or second night - if weather is bad / seas are rough, it will be canceled and rescheduled for later in the week.  If you initially book for late in the week and it’s cancelled, you’ll miss it.

12 minutes ago, cruisebot21 said:

Book your shows as soon as you get on board!

Book Aqua 80 for the first  or second night - if weather is bad / seas are rough, it will be canceled and rescheduled for later in the week.  If you initially book for late in the week and it’s cancelled, you’ll miss it.

Great advice!  Aqua show is Amazing 

Edited by maggieq

For breakfast, avoid the Windjammer and main dining room between 8:45 - 10:00, the wait is about 45 then. Try Johnny Rockets for breakfast, it just started serving breakfast again and you can walk right in.

13 hours ago, cvasto said:

Also, any Oasis of the Seas tips and tricks for myself, my wife and my 9 and 11 year old would be greatly appreciated!

Read other Oasis related threads - drop down menu on the main RCI page here at CC.

9 hours ago, mets123 said:

For breakfast, avoid the Windjammer and main dining room between 8:45 - 10:00, the wait is about 45 then. Try Johnny Rockets for breakfast, it just started serving breakfast again and you can walk right in.

what time does Johnny Rockets open in the morning?  Is it open for breakfast port and sea days?  Txs

12 hours ago, cruisebot21 said:

excuse my ignorance as it's been a while since I've cruised - do you need VOOM to use the Royal app onboard?

23 minutes ago, Sarah1974 said:

excuse my ignorance as it's been a while since I've cruised - do you need VOOM to use the Royal app onboard?

No. The app will use the ship's wifi service for free without needing a Voom package. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Solarium Bistro is also open for breakfast.   It's almost a secret.

Aqua80 is up and running, with no hitches.

So you've seen in in the last couple of weeks?  We got to see the opening week- and the first two show days had some issues with the hoist system that held the actors in two numbers and then the disco ball in another- and it failed after that.  The last two days of shows didn't have those numbers- and the Purple Rain number is really amazing to see.  The last day of the cruise, they were working out adding some stuff to replace the few min missing.

The whole show as intended is awesome.

I am cruising for the first time with a 10 yo granddaughter.  From what I have read here on CC, the first stop will be to register her at Adventure Ocean.  She is quite excited about that & the Splash Away Bay.  She doesn't swim.  

Solarium Bistro is like a mini buffet.  It is very nice & less crowded.  Children are allowed to eat there.

The water show is a must see.  Don't forget to bring socks & long pants for ice skating & ziplining.  Plus closed toe shoes for ziplining.  

I have been on Oasis several times & there are still things to explore.  Don't try to see everything.  There is also another cruise!

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

what time does Johnny Rockets open in the morning?  Is it open for breakfast port and sea days?  Txs

It's open on sea days, usually 8-10. It's sometimes open on port days and times will vary depending on what time the gangway opens. Like biker said times are listed in the app.

5 hours ago, alfaeric said:

So you've seen in in the last couple of weeks?  We got to see the opening week- and the first two show days had some issues with the hoist system that held the actors in two numbers and then the disco ball in another- and it failed after that.  The last two days of shows didn't have those numbers- and the Purple Rain number is really amazing to see.  The last day of the cruise, they were working out adding some stuff to replace the few min missing.

The whole show as intended is awesome.

Just got off this morning, after 19 nights.  Everything has been working well.  (Show was cancelled in the last couple of days because of bad weather)

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Just got off this morning, after 19 nights.  Everything has been working well.  (Show was cancelled in the last couple of days because of bad weather)

Awesome.  The stuff they had to take out was quite good, so nice to know they fixed it.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:53 PM, cvasto said:

Book reservations as soon as you board via app or ship phone x 2323, especially for Aqua 80.

If you do not get a reservation for Aqua 80, you can watch the show from the back of deck 7 either side. There are about 5 chairs. If you are on the rear port side, do not sit near or block the area to the left of the chairs. Performers use that area during the show.

Solarium Bistro is open for lunch on boarding day as well as Sorrentos pizza.