Covid Testing Requirements Mandate for U.S. to end Sunday

Losnab

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We are doing a 22 day B2B in New Zealand and Great Barrier Reef  in 2024, a 7 day river cruise followed by a 12 day Amsterdam to Athens cruise next year and a 10 day Italy cruise followed by 14 day Greek cruise this August. So we also like long cruises or B2B ones when we travel overseas because of the cost of airfare. We also like to add a good mix of land days as well, we have 9 total land days in August before and in-between our two cruises.

Gotcha.  We don’t travel for less than 30 days at a time. My DH is a big fan of HAL and the ability to re-fare endears me

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, seaoma said:

Is does show a fairly marked increase in the ICU census in just a few weeks.  159 covid beds in use up to 291.

I still don't see a reason to be alarmed.

Less than 7% of ICU beds have covid positive patients. 

Only 73% of ICU beds are in use. 

Tracks about the same as overall hospitalization. 

Good news for anyone sailing from Florida. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I personally don’t agree with your stance but that is not important, I just think we should all use reliable data 

I actually drew the data from the reliable Johns Hopkin page you directed me to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seaoma said:

I actually drew the data from the reliable Johns Hopkin page you directed me to.

I think someone else got between my original posting of the link and now.  I only made that one response plus gave you another link as the website is a bit difficult to maneuver 

Just now, Mary229 said:

I think someone else got between my original posting of the link and now.  I only made that one response plus gave you another link as the website is a bit difficult to maneuver 

Gotcha. I agree the website is difficult to maneuver.

On 6/10/2022 at 8:39 AM, terrydtx said:

Mary, I understand that, Celebrity also has the same pre board testing, but they are self imposed and not mandated by the CDC.. I think in Europe some countries like Italy, require testing but that may all change. The best news is for overseas cruise travelers like us, we do not have worry about testing the last day on the ship or airport to fly home. That is a huge relief.

Exactly! I hope this decision by the US inspires more nations to do away with needless testing.  It will make us more likely to cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, JeffElizabeth said:

Exactly! I hope this decision by the US inspires more nations to do away with needless testing.  It will make us more likely to cruise. 

Actually the US is one of the last of many countries in North American and Europe that already had dropped negative testing to enter their borders by air.  We could fly to most of Europe without testing but coming home was not allowed without a test but that ends tomorrow at midnight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JeffElizabeth said:

We are boarding a ship in London for a cruise in December and the line is still demanding that we pre-test. Although we can do it online with a health professional observing us. 

Other than Viking I do not believe any other cruise lines have dropped pre boarding testing as of today. December is a long way off and the testing requirements could change by then.

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Other than Viking I do not believe any other cruise lines have dropped pre boarding testing as of today. December is a long way off and the testing requirements could change by then.

Mis typed. September,  and fingers crossed that you are right about testing requirements by then. 

14 minutes ago, JeffElizabeth said:

Mis typed. September,  and fingers crossed that you are right about testing requirements by then. 

We have 2 cruises from Italy in August so we are just as anxious about the testing requirements. At least we will not have to test to fly home to the US.

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We have 2 cruises from Italy in August so we are just as anxious about the testing requirements. At least we will not have to test to fly home to the US.

There are rumors in the video commentaries that we may hear something new this week both from Canada and the US.  Canada has now made more adjustments to the travel requirements but still no word on cruising. Once these two fall I expect Europe will quickly change their testing requirements