New masking policies on HAL ships.

grammi

Personally, I look at all the restrictions or change of restrictions as part of the package. When I accepted the 3rd cancel and rebook I accepted whatever restrictions HAL required in their opinion to keep passengers and employees safe. 

But if you can get hold of HAL customer service they may grant you a refund. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I think that if HAL wants to impose a mask mandate that is their choice.  They should offer those who don’t want to accept the change a full refund.  If then passengers don’t comply then disembark them.

I love marketplace solutions in business. HAL is a business, let them live or die by their decisions 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

If you book under a set of terms and conditions then you should have the right to cancel if those conditions are changed by the seller.  Why have unhappy people on board?

It will be interesting to see if they allow this.  I buy cancel for any reason for this.  If they do something I can’t accept I have an escape route.  Wearing a mask isn’t a big deal for me.  Of course I’d prefer not to but I’m going to in many situations where I’m around a lot of people.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

If you book under a set of terms and conditions then you should have the right to cancel if those conditions are changed by the seller.  Why have unhappy people on board?

Actually if you are cruising these days you did book under a set of conditions in which you agreed to the cruise line changing covid restrictions if it felt it was necessary.

4 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Actually if you are cruising these days you did book under a set of conditions in which you agreed to the cruise line changing covid restrictions if it felt it was necessary.

Actually you are allowed to cancel up to 30 days before the cruise for a FCC

• Like 1

Just now, Mary229 said:

Actually you are allowed to cancel up to 30 days before the cruise for a FCC

Yes, all part of the conditions, they can change them, even onboard without advance notice. one can cancel for any reason 30 days in advance 

37 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

It will be interesting to see if they allow this.  I buy cancel for any reason for this.  If they do something I can’t accept I have an escape route.  Wearing a mask isn’t a big deal for me.  Of course I’d prefer not to but I’m going to in many situations where I’m around a lot of people.

We booked with insurance too.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Currently the website says that masks are recommended not required.  We booked under those terms.  If they change we may want to cancel.

Edited by Crazy For Cats
Spelling
  • Like 1

It is a bit disingenuous for those applauding the mask mandate saying “it is not a big deal” when some of these same people were saying how juvenile others were for welcoming the ending of air testing and masking.   It is a company policy.  If you don’t like it, either way, walk with your wallet 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

It is a bit disingenuous for those applauding the mask mandate saying “it is not a big deal” when some of these same people were saying how juvenile others were for welcoming the ending of air testing and masking.   It is a company policy.  If you don’t like it, either way, walk with your wallet 

I welcome the ending of most of it (testing, mandates) but I’m willing to roll with the punches too. It’s all about being flexible right now. And yes, let your wallet do the talking. Things will be or get to where the mass market wants it at based on how the money is being spent. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Currently the website says that masks are recommended not required.  We booked under those terms.  If they change we may want to cancel.

then cancel. you can do so 30 days in advance. after that they can add or subtract the mandates if they feel the need, without notice.

The policy can change by ship, even if the web site does not.

Edited by ldtr

2 hours ago, grammi said:

F11C17AF-B2FD-43EC-B5CC-3FBE7E59E988.jpeg

Was this sent by email?  I know a couple of Ships (Nieuw Amsterdam for one) is Mandating Masks now and those Passengers were sent emails but I didn't see the change on the Website.

Either way I have no problem sailing under the Mask Mandates.  Sailed five times since Restart and two out of the five Sailings had Masks  Mandatory. 

• Like 5

So far this only applies to the one-ways, but the interesting part to me:  "we also strongly recommend wearing masks while ashore."

So that's how we'll be able to differentiate the tourists?  Masked folks are one-wayers, unmasked are round-trippers?  🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

@grammi. The Covid policy also allows cancellation for any reason up to 30 days prior for a full FCC, no questions asked .

Further,  the longer the cruise lines continue to extend various mandates the longer they are going to have to have these Covid cancellation policies.  It is a catch 22 for them

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, idiebabe said:

Was this sent by email?  I know a couple of Ships (Nieuw Amsterdam for one) is Mandating Masks now and those Passengers were sent emails but I didn't see the change on the Website.

Either way I have no problem sailing under the Mask Mandates.  Sailed five times since Restart and two out of the five Sailings had Masks  Mandatory. 

Yes it was in my email this morning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

@grammi. The Covid policy also allows cancellation for any reason up to 30 days prior for a full FCC, no questions asked .

Note that the cancellation policy is for any reason, not just because they decide to change restrictions. The reason for the policy is for far more that any restrictions, it is to provide people with some protections in case of cases spiking, changes in general travel conditions.

Policy changes on ships occur well within the 30 day limit for cancellations, without notice and without recourse.

1 minute ago, ldtr said:

Note that the cancellation policy is for any reason, not just because they decide to change restrictions. The reason for the policy is for far more that any restrictions, it is to provide people with some protections in case of cases spiking, changes in general travel conditions.

Policy changes on ships occur well within the 30 day limit for cancellations, without notice and without recourse.

Spiking can occur after the 30 day limit. Again it is a Covid policy and their hands are bound by this as long as they persist in having Covid regulations 

• Like 2

I am wondering if this was sent to those on the Whittier Vancouver run which DID announce they would have these restrictions due to the embarking passengers from the bus tours they had just completed overland. But only on the one way Whittier/ Vancouver voyage  both directions as I understood it. The other journeys had only the  recommended mask usage as noted.  Could this be a bee in a bonnet?