Enchanted Princess plug points question

alan9945

1 hour ago, alan9945 said:

I understand that there will be US plug points in the stateroom but are there any UK plug points?

I have never seen any UK style electrical outlets on any Princess ship. I was just on Discovery Princess, which is virtually identical to Enchanted, and in the desk area there were 2 US type outlets, 2 European E/F type outlets and one 3-pin outlet such as I've seen in Italy, as well as standard USB-A charge points in the bases of the 2 bedside lamps.  Below is a photo of the desk area.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I have purchased a European E/F type outlet expander (also pictured) to take advantage of those outlets on the ships and while travelling in Europe.

I hope this is helpful. 

IMG_20220528_185246.jpg

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, jdacombe said:

I've read somewhere that on some of the Princess ships sailing from the UK that they provide one complementary US/UK adaptor in the stateroom. Not sure how true that is though

I would not take a chance on it.  Too easy to just throw in an adapter or two.

Not had one in our cabin, or at least not noticed one.  They’re cheap enough, bring a couple of US and a couple of EU and you’re set for using all the sockets.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm if there are plugs and/or USB ports located at each night table?  Use my phone as my clock nightly so need to figure out what I will need to bring if plugs not handy beside the bed.  TIA! 🙂

Edited by High C's

8 minutes ago, High C's said:

Can anyone confirm if there are plugs and/or USB ports located at each night table?  Use my phone as my clock nightly so need to figure out what I will need to bring if plugs not handy beside the bed.  TIA! 🙂

Yep - on Enchanted USB sockets on the base of the lamps on each side of the bed.  I plug my phone in as the clock/alarm just as you describe.

Just now, nijh said:

Yep - on Enchanted USB sockets on the base of the lamps on each side of the bed.  I plug my phone in as the clock/alarm just as you describe.

Excellent!  Many thanks for this! 🙂

On 6/13/2022 at 4:59 AM, alan9945 said:

I understand that there will be US plug points in the stateroom but are there any UK plug points?

There are NO UK type outlets.  You have your choice of North American 2 prong outlets or the relatively standard European 2 round prong outlets.  Be aware that if you use an adaptor on the North American outlets (the one's with flat prongs) you are only getting 110 Volts.  Some UK products will only run on 220 Volts so, for you guys, it is probably wise to just get an adaptor to for UK to European.  The European outlets (those with to round prongs) will give you 220.

Hank

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 6:09 AM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I have never seen any UK style electrical outlets on any Princess ship. I was just on Discovery Princess, which is virtually identical to Enchanted, and in the desk area there were 2 US type outlets, 2 European E/F type outlets and one 3-pin outlet such as I've seen in Italy, as well as standard USB-A charge points in the bases of the 2 bedside lamps.  Below is a photo of the desk area.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I have purchased a European E/F type outlet expander (also pictured) to take advantage of those outlets on the ships and while travelling in Europe.

I hope this is helpful. 

IMG_20220528_185246.jpg

What brand did you get? I cant read the name on it? thanks

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 6:24 AM, nijh said:

On Enchanted now - I can confirm the previous post, you’ll need adaptors.

Have fun,  WONDERING ...where would you plug in your CPAP machine ? Is there an outlet bedside? Thanks

30 minutes ago, liamur14 said:

Have fun,  WONDERING ...where would you plug in your CPAP machine ? Is there an outlet bedside? Thanks

On Enchanted there is a euro plug behind the bed, don’t believe the Steward if they say there isn’t.  DW currently has her cpap plugged into that very outlet on the left of the bed as you look at it, didn’t notice if there was one on the right too.  Just pull the bed forward, it’s quite light, and there it is.  

The Steward did bring us an extension lead, cos she insisted there wasn’t a plug we could use behind the bed, but it was a real weird one, we left it in the wardrobe.

Edited by nijh
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nijh said:

On Enchanted there is a euro plug behind the bed, don’t believe the Steward if they say there isn’t.  DW currently has her cpap plugged into that very outlet on the left of the bed as you look at it, didn’t notice if there was one on the right too.  Just pull the bed forward, it’s quite light, and there it is.  

The Steward did bring us an extension lead, cos she insisted there wasn’t a plug we could use behind the bed, but it was a real weird one, we left it in the wardrobe.

Thank you for your reply, DH has been ranting there is no where to plug it in. Thanks again, I do have adapters, so were good to go. Cheers

• 4 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 8:52 PM, liamur14 said:

Where would you plug your CPAP machine if there is no outlet by the bed?

As others mentioned there is a European outlet behind the beds that the lamps plug into.  If you don’t want to use that one ( or don’t have an adapter) you can get an extension cord from the cabin steward and they will run the cord from the desk outlet to your bed.