Discovery Princess - HDMI connection

lotus land

16 minutes ago, Cruz3ring said:

I'm going on the Enchanted in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if the Tv's in the mini suites are LG? I want to purchase a universal remote to switch to the usb input. 

Yes

983FEC23-D033-42FF-BA91-0AC3C4F9D8FE.jpeg

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruz3ring said:

I'm going on the Enchanted in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if the Tv's in the mini suites are LG? I want to purchase a universal remote to switch to the usb input. 

Yes. This is the remote I used on Enchanted last July: Universal Remote

4 hours ago, Cruz3ring said:

It's not needed but it would probably make switching the input a little easier since you wouldn't have to fiddle around with the center toggle switch. 

Let us know how it works out for you. 

On 4/10/2023 at 10:40 AM, kml246 said:

Yes. This is the remote I used on Enchanted last July: Universal Remote

Great, thanks. I think I rather get this one since it's for multiple brands not just LG. 

22 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It's not needed but it would probably make switching the input a little easier since you wouldn't have to fiddle around with the center toggle switch. 

Let us know how it works out for you. 

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billco said:

I am currently using that remote on the NCL Bliss. Allows me to access HDMI inputs to connect My Roku and Firestick. Best $8.95 I have spent in years. 

Great idea.   Thanks for the 'road test' report!

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

HDMI is still working on the CB.

Once on the bridgecam channel, I can change the input from the bottom toggle.

I have also been able to stream. 

Good it hear. It appears that the Enchanted is the only ship that has it blocked but I can still live with it. 

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

HDMI is still working on the CB.

Once on the bridgecam channel, I can change the input from the bottom toggle.

I have also been able to stream. 

It's not just the bridge cam channel. You should be able to use the toggle on any live channel.

Thanks for the report.

Just an FYI, I was on Celebrity Equinox last week and was able to use the toggle on their Samsung TV. I use a travel router and connect the Roku to that. Bandwidth was enough to stream. 

12 hours ago, kml246 said:

It's not just the bridge cam channel. You should be able to use the toggle on any live channel.

That is correct. I typically use a news channel but last cruise it still didn't give the option to choose HDMI, only USB. 

Just off Discovery and using Universal Remote for LG TV from Amazon we were able to change input and use HDMI inputs. Placed TV on Bridge Cam and then using universal remote was able to change inputs. HDMI plug is accessible although having Trumpian hand size would be beneficial. I would assume Enchanted cabin TVs would be the same.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wendellman said:

Just off Discovery and using Universal Remote for LG TV from Amazon we were able to change input and use HDMI inputs. Placed TV on Bridge Cam and then using universal remote was able to change inputs. HDMI plug is accessible although having Trumpian hand size would be beneficial. I would assume Enchanted cabin TVs would be the same.

Unfortunately the HDMI wasn't an option on the Enchanted in our balcony cabin in March. We were using the bottom center toggle control and not a universal remote, not that it would have made ay difference. 

Possibly other decks and cabins might still have access to HDMI but on Emerald deck it was blocked. It's funny that some of the ships have it blocked while others don't. 

Yes, it was a tight squeeze to plug in any cables but I still managed it with an extension my husband made to give extra cable reach.

12 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Unfortunately the HDMI wasn't an option on the Enchanted in our balcony cabin in March. We were using the bottom center toggle control and not a universal remote, not that it would have made ay difference. 

Possibly other decks and cabins might still have access to HDMI but on Emerald deck it was blocked. It's funny that some of the ships have it blocked while others don't. 

Yes, it was a tight squeeze to plug in any cables but I still managed it with an extension my husband made to give extra cable reach.

We have been on Majestic and Discovery. Majestic has the bottom center toggle switch allowing you to change inputs. Discovery does not have this switch as we found out on our cruise last August. We were just on Discovery again and with the Universal LG remote we were able to change the TV inputs. We have not been on Enchanted, but if TV are LGs, I believe the universal remote would work.

15 hours ago, wendellman said:

We have been on Majestic and Discovery. Majestic has the bottom center toggle switch allowing you to change inputs. Discovery does not have this switch as we found out on our cruise last August. We were just on Discovery again and with the Universal LG remote we were able to change the TV inputs. We have not been on Enchanted, but if TV are LGs, I believe the universal remote would work.

I haven't been on the Majestic or Discovery but it's good to know for future reference.

On the Enchanted the center toggle still works for switching to USB (with or without a universal remote) which is good enough for what I need to connect my hard drive or thumb drive. My only interest is playing movies late at night. 

There is an HDMI but the issue is being able to access the "input" menu to switch the TV over to it.  We weren't able to do it on the Discovery Princess.  The other royal class ships we have been on have a trick that yourl can use a toggle button on the bottom of the TV while you are watching the shipcam channel (this was the case on the regal and sky), but the Discovery is the newest ship and they used different TVs.

• Like 1

We have sailed on the Discovery three times now.  Twice, we could not figure out how to get the TV to connect to our laptop and iPad.  We just disembarked the Discovery Princess, our third trip, yesterday, April 26th, 2023.  Thanks to the person who posted the TV remote from Amazon!  I purchased this remove and brought it with us on our voyage.  My boyfriend sorted how to do it easily.  I then made the video below to help others.  Enjoy!

You will need the remote and the HDMI cable.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Techwizardress said:

We have sailed on the Discovery three times now.  Twice, we could not figure out how to get the TV to connect to our laptop and iPad.  We just disembarked the Discovery Princess, our third trip, yesterday, April 26th, 2023.  Thanks to the person who posted the TV remote from Amazon!  I purchased this remove and brought it with us on our voyage.  My boyfriend sorted how to do it easily.  I then made the video below to help others.  Enjoy!

You will need the remote and the HDMI cable.  

Thanks for this!   The other ships in that class have a toggle button on the bottom of the TV to change inputs, but when we travelled on the Discovery last year we noticed they didn't have one on the new LG sets!  Our cabin steward tried to get us a remote that worked, but the IT dept. was very wary about helping anyone crack the system....this solution is great!  It also helps on the other Royal class ships so you don't have to get out of bed to reconnect !  (we found the live cam had a tendency to disconnect now and then)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pzurzolo said:

Thanks for this!   The other ships in that class have a toggle button on the bottom of the TV to change inputs, but when we travelled on the Discovery last year we noticed they didn't have one on the new LG sets!  Our cabin steward tried to get us a remote that worked, but the IT dept. was very wary about helping anyone crack the system....this solution is great!  It also helps on the other Royal class ships so you don't have to get out of bed to reconnect !  (we found the live cam had a tendency to disconnect now and then)

Yes, we were on the Majestic Princess twice last year and used that little toggle button on the bottom.  It did not work on the Discovery.  The little $8.95 remote was a gem.  We watched lots of our own content that we brought on our laptop.  We have watched all of the Love Boat episodes and wanted something different  LOL.  Very spoiled we are...

11 hours ago, Techwizardress said:

Yes, we were on the Majestic Princess twice last year and used that little toggle button on the bottom.  It did not work on the Discovery.  The little $8.95 remote was a gem.  We watched lots of our own content that we brought on our laptop.  We have watched all of the Love Boat episodes and wanted something different  LOL.  Very spoiled we are...

Thanks for the video but I'm still wondering if it might work on the Enchanted. 

I think they modified their TV's not to work with any input no matter if selected with a universal remote or with the toggle button. 

I'm waiting to here from someone who tried the universal remote on the Enchanted. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Thanks for the video but I'm still wondering if it might work on the Enchanted. 

I think they modified their TV's not to work with any input no matter if selected with a universal remote or with the toggle button. 

I'm waiting to here from someone who tried the universal remote on the Enchanted. 

When will you be on the Enchanted?