Live report for Coral Princess 16th June

1 hour ago, mtn_couple said:

No you don’t. You can do it all on a web based version.  Log onto your Princess account and there’s a web link if you’d prefer to do it on a PC (as shown below)

62B633CA-9055-43AF-AEF6-009E510D6443.jpeg

Thank you mtn_couple, that was so easy. I was attempting it using the medallion app, and the Dine My Way was not displaying. I now have all my dinner bookings sorted, and the speciality dining credit was applied automatically. 🤩 👍

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Thank you mtn_couple, that was so easy. I was attempting it using the medallion app, and the Dine My Way was not displaying. I now have all my dinner bookings sorted, and the speciality dining credit was applied automatically. 🤩 👍

Wonderful- glad that made it easier for you 😊

• Like 2

22 hours ago, arxcards said:

Most of the speshul people don't seem to bother anymore, and only the rooly speshul people can be bothered it seems. But they are still doing it.

I wasn't meaning to drag up the past here from a whole 2 months ago, but just wanted to note that a Princess tote bag was on our bed the night before our first port. I don't know in your case if they had run out, but we felt speshul to get one.

For anyone starting to poke around here recently looking for tips on Coral, this topic is a good starting point and a great read.

I like speshul people, I spent a BIG piggy bank of change too become speshul. 😇🤑😂

• Like 3

On 6/16/2022 at 1:33 PM, Cbtours said:

Yes no problem. 

How was the club class dining area separated from the main Bordeaux diming area, if at all?

We have an upcoming cruise on Coral Princess in a Vista suite.

• Like 1

Just now, Viveash said:

How was the club class dining area separated from the main Bordeaux diming area, if at all?

We have an upcoming cruise on Coral Princess in a Vista suite.

It's off to one side, on the right as you enter, and you hardly know it's part of the MDR. It's lovely.

This roughly shows where it is:

Screenshot_20220806-120754_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's off to one side, on the right as you enter, and you hardly know it's part of the MDR. It's lovely.

This roughly shows where it is:

Screenshot_20220806-120754_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nice but at the end of the day the food comes from the same galley. Some of my dining my way reservations are in Bordeaux, others are in Provence. If there are dramas or too lengthy waits it will be off to ye olde Horizon Court, dont mind that.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Nice but at the end of the day the food comes from the same galley. Some of my dining my way reservations are in Bordeaux, others are in Provence. If there are dramas or too lengthy waits it will be off to ye olde Horizon Court, dont mind that.

I don't think it matters which of the two MDRs you go to. We thought the MDR food was in the top three of all the Princess ships we've cruised on so far. We didn't try the buffet, it's never my favourite place to eat on ships unless there is no other option. We like the relaxed ambience of dining with table service.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

It does, but from an enhanced menu. I think the better waiters are also assigned into Club Class too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't think it matters which of the two MDRs you go to. We thought the MDR food was in the top three of all the Princess ships we've cruised on so far. We didn't try the buffet, it's never my favourite place to eat on ships unless there is no other option. We like the relaxed ambience of dining with table service.

That’s our preference too. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NSWP said:

Some of my dining my way reservations are in Bordeaux, others are in Provence.

As a beginner, can I ask what the difference is between these two places? I've made a reservation for each of them for my cruise, plus the speciality restaurants.

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

It does, but from an enhanced menu. I think the better waiters are also assigned into Club Class too.

Not necessarily better as most of the MDR waiters are excellent but there is a better ratio of waiters to tables. Plus I heard the Club Class waiters get to "queue jump" to collect their orders.

The menu is no different but they offer one extra off-menu dish per night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruiser3775 said:

As a beginner, can I ask what the difference is between these two places? I've made a reservation for each of them for my cruise, plus the speciality restaurants.

No difference apart from some of the artwork, and the Bordeaux restaurant has a corner sectioned off for Club Class dining. The menus are the same. Some cruise lines have one huge MDR with upper and lower levels. Princess has two or three separate ones which I think is nicer as they aren't as noisy. On Coral the MDRs are structured so there are slightly different levels between tables in the middle section and tables around the sides, which reduces that barn-like effect. 

55 minutes ago, arxcards said:

So that would be an enhanced menu

Only very slightly enhanced! I don't think we tried any of those enhancements on our last cruise. I think they were mainly pasta dishes and there were more interesting things on the menu that I wanted.

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Only very slightly enhanced! I don't think we tried any of those enhancements on our last cruise. I think they were mainly pasta dishes and there were more interesting things on the menu that I wanted.

I noticed a couple of portable burners up around that area. I wondered if the head waiter there was doing tableside pasta dishes?

Many thanks for your replies to my question about the club class dining area.

Also just wondering whether there are tables for two in club class dining area and if so, what is the separation like from adjoining tables? Thanks...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Viveash said:

Many thanks for your replies to my question about the club class dining area.

Also just wondering whether there are tables for two in club class dining area and if so, what is the separation like from adjoining tables? Thanks...

Yes lots of them. Some Close enough to chat if you want but others further apart. All lovely. Club class

C9823729-DF7B-4178-BC2D-B034FFDE4131.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Viveash said:

Thanks for posting that photo. It does look like a nice area.

It's wonderful. I can't wait to get back onboard for some more great Club Class dining on Saturday. Because we booked this cruise after the 22nd August cruise was stuffed up we could only get a regular mini-suite. I asked my PVP to waitlist us for a Club Class one. Late Tuesday afternoon I got an email "Waitlistmatch...". We're very happy about that! 😊

• Like 1

We enjoyed the Coral club class in June and found the 'additional dish' more interesting than the pasta offerings pre-covid. Sadly our short Coral next month is not club class, nor Majestic the following month, but back to Sabatini's breakfast and club class in December on Grand. Best not to get too used to being totally spoilt. Even find myself looking at some interior bargains at the moment!

1 hour ago, Tripmode33 said:

We enjoyed the Coral club class in June and found the 'additional dish' more interesting than the pasta offerings pre-covid. Sadly our short Coral next month is not club class, nor Majestic the following month, but back to Sabatini's breakfast and club class in December on Grand. Best not to get too used to being totally spoilt. Even find myself looking at some interior bargains at the moment!

Yes, the real world will hit again in March for us.🤣🤣🤣 Still, this has been a wonderful opportunity to try the best the ship can offer cabin-wise.

We used to cruise quite a bit in inside cabins but these days I want a balcony, just in case. Being unwell when you're in an inside cabin is pretty depressing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, the real world will hit again in March for us.🤣🤣🤣 Still, this has been a wonderful opportunity to try the best the ship can offer cabin-wise.

We used to cruise quite a bit in inside cabins but these days I want a balcony, just in case. Being unwell when you're in an inside cabin is pretty depressing.

Its certainly been good while it lasted. I'm open to inside if it means the difference between cruising and not cruising, however Balconies booked for our next three cruises, especially as first is 28 days, then 14 day Alaska which I couldnt bear not to have for that one, then 35 days hawaii. As there are lots of sea days we preferred it too. Not so bad with lots of ports that you are off the ship more than on.

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Its certainly been good while it lasted. I'm open to inside if it means the difference between cruising and not cruising, however Balconies booked for our next three cruises, especially as first is 28 days, then 14 day Alaska which I couldnt bear not to have for that one, then 35 days hawaii. As there are lots of sea days we preferred it too. Not so bad with lots of ports that you are off the ship more than on.

Like many cruisers, who are frequent travellers, prior to Covid, I was happy to cruise in inside cabins.  I used to choose inside cabins which were surrounded by more expensive cabins, so shared excellent staff.  

i was wondering how cruise lines are going to entice passengers back to inside cabins.  If the ships aren't sailing full, maybe they could keep some balcony cabins to transfer Covid passengers.  

• Like 1