Onboard booking transfer to TA

Veinless

Any ideas how long it takes for an onboard booking to get transferred to the TA? When booking they said they’d assign it to the same TA we used for that cruise. We booked on June 6 or 7.

Edited by Veinless

• Veinless changed the title to Onboard booking transfer to TA

If they assigned it to your TA when you booked it, it should be available to you agent immediately.   It is technically not transferred as they are listed as the agent when you booked.  

If you booked it and chose to have it assigned to your own name with no TA listed, you can transfer it to your agent and this usually goes through in 2-3 days.

29 minutes ago, Veinless said:

Weird. TA is big box with good website and it doesn’t show there. If I try to use the transfer form it says I cannot. Argh.

Talk to your agent, she/he should be able to reach into Celebrity and pull the reservation. Last time I did this it took about 12 hours.

46 minutes ago, Veinless said:

Weird. TA is big box with good website and it doesn’t show there. If I try to use the transfer form it says I cannot. Argh.

???  If you book on board the  booking goes first to Celebrity andcthen to your TA.  Relax as it usually takes a day or two to get to them

9 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

???  If you book on board the  booking goes first to Celebrity andcthen to your TA.  Relax as it usually takes a day or two to get to them

!!! It is almost two weeks now, as I mentioned. 

10 hours ago, Veinless said:

We had the same problem in April. I had to call the big box and it was actually there but didn’t show up in our reservations until after my call.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Respectfully would disagree.   If you booked with an agent and then book while aboard it automatically is assigned to the agent that booked the cruise you are on unless you specifically ask and sign a form.

I unfortunately found out the hard way.   I had fired my TA because she stiffed me on the promised OBC and when I booked it went to her and then I had to call her to have her transfer it back to me so I could transfer to my new agent. 

Mine was transferred in a matter of minutes. By the time I walked from the Future Cruise desk, got a cup of tea at Al Bacio and went back to my cabin, with the intent of sending an email to my TA, she had already emailed me. “Booked another cruise I see” said the email. 

Sounds like the issue may be with the Big Box TA.

• Thanks 1