Follow up “live” for June 19 coral princess

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Les, When was the last time you were on an Australian-based Princess cruise? 🙂

I have never seen shorts and thongs permitted in the dining room on any evening, let alone formal night.

Several years ago but mikey22 just reported such species were observed on Coral mdr, this week. Scandalous.

28 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

When you go on your Holland America cruise, you can go to the dining room in shorts and thongs.😁

No mdr for me on hal, lido buffet all the way now, shorts and thongs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

We could restart the well dressed movement? Let’s encourage all passengers to dress up for formal nights 👏👏🥳💃🕺

Not another dress code thread, lol.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Several years ago but mikey22 just reported such species were observed on Coral mdr, this week. Scandalous.

That wasn't on formal night. This week the cruises were three and four-day events - no formal night. Maybe the report you mention didn't refer to dinner. For breakfast and lunch, the only restrictions on dress that I know of is "no swimsuits".

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That wasn't on formal night. This week the cruises were three and four-day events - no formal night. Maybe the report you mention didn't refer to dinner. For breakfast and lunch, the only restrictions on dress that I know of is "no swimsuits".

Nov 2019 an the Maj, not allowed in the MDR wearing shorts.

Went and put on long trousers that were worse than the shorts!!

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Aaah but the BCF fishing shirt has a collar 😳

7DE76B71-4235-4CA2-9BCB-058A82CDBEBC.jpeg

Oh, I forgot this would be the go in QLD. They are really practical for a day in the sun, but would hate to see them in the MDR for dinner.

On 6/21/2022 at 4:48 PM, Cbtours said:

We have bayou first night. However in MDR last night they had prime rib and the club class extra was four huge grilled prawns and a crab sort of saucy thing on the plate. I didn’t have this, Frank did. He always orders steak medium rare….. to me it nearly walked off the plate and I couldn’t bear to look at it. He could only finish one of the two huge pieces of steak and ate every scrap the the prawns and crab mopping the sauce even with the steak. 
they told us steak Diane was on tonight. 

When I had Bayou on the first night the steak served were the tasteless USA steak..... Before they switched to Aussie steak from third night onwards at Club Class. Huge difference.

Michael

• Like 2

8 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

When I had Bayou on the first night the steak served were the tasteless USA steak..... Before they switched to Aussie steak from third night onwards at Club Class. Huge difference.

Michael

I rarely eat steak but my bayou prawns last night again were tops

76A82820-B4E5-4ED5-9B72-B79B505D45EC.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Post 121 from Kennex, shorts and caps seen at dinner service, does not matter whether it was formal night or normal night, shorts and caps are not permitted @ dinner in the MDR.  As for caps carte blanche they should never be allowed to be worn in the mdr at any time.   Down here in the golfie and rissole, no caps permitted to be worn inside club, remove at reception, if you refuse, no admittance, fair enough too, let us have some decorum in the forum.

2073150271_th(5).jpg.b9a917336ccee1eded33c841b0f21b33.jpg

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

I rarely eat steak but my bayou prawns last night again were tops

76A82820-B4E5-4ED5-9B72-B79B505D45EC.jpeg

I don't eat seafood, but Barb would love those. I will continue to enjoy my steaks, so I am glad they have got that sorted now too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

I don't eat seafood, but Barb would love those. I will continue to enjoy my steaks, so I am glad they have got that sorted now too.

They are sitting on the most amazing rice mound. The menu says “fried onion rice” but it is the best tasting perfect compliment to the fattest juiciest prawns lol there was not one grain left on my plate hehe

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

They are sitting on the most amazing rice mound. The menu says “fried onion rice” but it is the best tasting perfect compliment to the fattest juiciest prawns lol there was not one grain left on my plate hehe

So many things are better with a bed of rice. I would love to see a decent loco-moco on a cruise ship menu.

• Haha 1

Just now, arxcards said:

So many things are better with a bed of rice. I would love to see a decent loco-moco on a cruise ship menu.

I don’t even know what that is! And my rice was not a bed but a perfectly sculpted little mound under my prawns 😂😂😂 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, discoseabear said:

Last night in the Horizon Court I saw and tasted smoked baby Alligator ribs.

The ribs were the size of large fish bones.

They were a little tricky to eat with the little bones.

image.png.bb20104c847b621add227c79bea5a51b.png

Eeeuuuw 🥴🤢 these don’t sound very appealing at all - AND “baby alligator ribs” - please explain?? 🙄

Edited by Porky55
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I don’t even know what that is! And my rice was not a bed but a perfectly sculpted little mound under my prawns 😂😂😂 

A loco moco is a not so "perfectly sculpted little mound" of rice, with pretty much a works hamburger on top (without the buns), then gravy over the top. The rice becomes flavoured with gravy, bits of egg yolk, juices from the burger, bacon & grilled onion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

A loco moco is a not so "perfectly sculpted little mound" of rice, with pretty much a works hamburger on top (without the buns), then gravy over the top. The rice becomes flavoured with gravy, bits of egg yolk, juices from the burger, bacon & grilled onion.

I just googled it and omg the photos look so good! Reminds me of the “hamburg steak” rice meals that are popular in Japan. I was obsessed with a chain called Pepper Lunch ペッパーランチ on our trip there 🤤

30 minutes ago, nz1 said:

I just googled it and omg the photos look so good! Reminds me of the “hamburg steak” rice meals that are popular in Japan. I was obsessed with a chain called Pepper Lunch ペッパーランチ on our trip there 🤤

I fell in love with it in Waikiki.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

There used to be a food court place at a shopping centre near us that had ramen burgers. The "buns" were ramen noodles formed into a bun half shape, then crisped on the hotplate. They were delicious but too expensive so the place didn't last long.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There used to be a food court place at a shopping centre near us that had ramen burgers. The "buns" were ramen noodles formed into a bun half shape, then crisped on the hotplate. They were delicious but too expensive so the place didn't last long.

Whaaat Julie, too expensive for Lane Cove ? My son reckons you have to be rich to live in such a leafy garden suburb. !!

• Haha 1