Yacht Club Ocean Cay

bac513

55 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Will be in Ocean Cay tomorrow. Will ask and see if driver will drop us off at another beach.

We would not want to sit at another beach since the service on the YC beach has always been decent.  If we want to go for a swim we can either put on water shoes and deal with the YC beach bottom or just stroll over to another beach to swim.   Although we are up there in terms of age we do have working legs so taking a walk is not an issue.  In fact we even enjoy walking all the way to the YC Beach from the pier unless it is oppressively hot.  

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @Hlinter, Hank is right that for folks have the strength to walk, it could be a pleasant stroll. I did not check it out myself, but MSC literature indicated that it usually would take no more than 20 minutes walk between the two farthest  points on the cay. We were there in late May and we were lucky to be on the side of the ship to enjoy the light shows from our balcony; we went to the Beach house after breakfast, baked on the beach a bit and returned to ship after a killer lobster rolls (repeatedly ordered) lunch. I also agree with Hank and would vote with MSC for the amenity/$ paid; there is no match at this point. I think the cruise lines are catching up to the MSC's pricing scheme; MSC is using a single ship to compete with different brands from other cruise lines! Basically Bella is targeted Carnival/Royal Caribbean crowd; Fantistca for the Princess/Celebrity; Aurea for Viking/Oceania. We will stay with MSC YC and Viking until the marketplace changes. Good Cruising! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keelung said:

Basically Bella is targeted Carnival/Royal Caribbean crowd; Fantistca for the Princess/Celebrity; Aurea for Viking/Oceania.

This is the first attempt, I think, to equate the various MSC experiences with any other cruise lines experiences.  I wonder if others have other opinions.  

On 6/20/2022 at 10:54 AM, Paphillyguy said:

We were there this past week.  You can walk right across the path by Ocean House and there is a beautiful beach that is less rocky.  Also you can walk to the lagoon as well.  

This past week the YC beach ran out of towels and water and never replenished them.   To me this was unacceptable.  You know the YC is full and you do not send the right amount of water or towels and then do not refill them.  

On our April 9th cruise, they ran out of YC towels too.   We were at 300 guest in YC I do believe.  But that should not matter imo.   

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

This is the first attempt, I think, to equate the various MSC experiences with any other cruise lines experiences.  I wonder if others have other opinions.  

I don't understand it at all.  I sailed under Fantastica, Aurea was sold out.  I have no idea how it equates.  The only real perk I got was having breakfast delivered for free to my cabin (I only wanted coffee on my balcony and it was so bad I opted to not order again), which I can get on Carnival for free anyway.  

Selecting your preferred seating is also basic with Carnival.  I can get dine anytime you choose as well. 

I don't see how these experiences compare at all.  Aurea used to get a free drink package but they no longer do.  At least you get priority boarding and a welcome package. 

You pay extra for the upgraded experiences that come with selecting your cabin.  On other cruise lines, you just pay extra to select your cabin and a lot of the "perks" are already included. 

Edited by 1kaper

21 hours ago, ericfromri said:

Well OK you asked for it.  I was at the pool deck and there was a man with his hand in the pants of his lady friend in the front looking for Loose change we would say.  I complain to the ship immediately and they did nothing we were in a port     My friend called the police the police came and arrested this man because My friend had it on video.  They were some miscellaneous South Florida people.  

So you videoed this horrible behavior?

And you called the police in a foreign port, and they came onto the ship and arrested passengers?

7 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

So you videoed this horrible behavior?

And you called the police in a foreign port, and they came onto the ship and arrested passengers?

Yes my friend came over and got me and told me about it and she’s a female.  She made the initial observation and video and I won’t be discussing this any further.  Believe it or not it’s up to you    

Edited by ericfromri

4 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

Yes my friend came over and got me and told me about it and she’s a female.  She made the initial observation and video and I won’t be discussing this any further.  Believe it or not it’s up to you    

Yep thought so

Edited by KennyFla

On 6/19/2022 at 10:49 PM, bac513 said:

The Yacht Club beach at Ocean Cay is too rocky for DW to enjoy. Will the YC tram take you to other locations, e.g. lagoon? Will YC members be able to get umbrellas at other beaches?

No the YC golf cart will only go between dock and beach house. On the way back to dock there is a very nice beach right by the area. You can take the YC tram back to dock then jump on the south tram to get to that side of island. I would do this later in the afternoon as tram line is busy until lunch or so.

Beautiful island and in a few years when vegetation takes hold it will be very nice.  

• Like 1