Wine on Easy Plus Package

Caravan 37

I realise that taste is a personal thing but can anyone advise the quality of the wines available in this package please?

Better still does anyone have a recent wine/drinks menu with prices as I understand wines are included up to €8 in the package

Been a few years since I've been on MSC!

THANK YOU

Sounds like you are sailing out of Europe; the wines will be different.

In the US I will say that the Easy Package wines are the equivalent of $9/$10 bottles (retail) wines.  Personally we upgrade to the Premium plan because we don't like them.

13 minutes ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

In the US I will say that the Easy Package wines are the equivalent of $9/$10 bottles (retail) wines.  Personally we upgrade to the Premium plan because we don't like them.

Can you upgrade once you are on the ship if you get there and the selections are less than satisfying?

After reviewing the wines available by the glass and their prices, we decided to pay as we go since the wines we would select were outside the Easy Plus package - this is especially true for the Rose selections. At $279 pp for the Premium package, I think we will save money going per drink.

19 hours ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

In Europe the easy package wines are wayyyyyyy under equivalent of 9/10. Half maximum. Easy plus gives you a limited selection of some long time MSC favourites with retail prices up to or around 10€. 

1 hour ago, perakcruiser said:

In Europe the easy package wines are wayyyyyyy under equivalent of 9/10. Half maximum. Easy plus gives you a limited selection of some long time MSC favourites with retail prices up to or around 10€. 

We were going for the Easy Plus as we thought the Easy wines wouldn’t be drinkable - I remember having the equivalent entry tier package some years back and being very disappointed. So I’m guessing that Easy Plus has some decent offerings in your opinion and we’re likely to find something pleasant if not mind blowing 👍🏻

6 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

You are correct; I was referring to Easy Plus in US which had Mondavi/Danzante/etc in the mid tier

44 minutes ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

Would argue that La Terre is drinkable 😉

Sadly, some of us are of that generation whose introduction to wine (or is it wine-like products?) include "stellar vintages" of MD (Mad Dog) 20-20 and Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.  We have come a long way since those halcyon (NOT!) days.

Edited by JAGR

8 minutes ago, wcook said:

Awesome post. But people should take this as examples of the wines and prices they might offer, not a guarantee of what any particular bar would have. 

Definitely, they do seem to have some supply problems at the moment but when we were on Virtuosa a few weeks ago they did have quite a few of these.They had all 3 roses and my favourite was the Italian one which is the cheapest.

21 hours ago, JAGR said:

Sadly, some of us are of that generation whose introduction to wine (or is it wine-like products?) include "stellar vintages" of MD (Mad Dog) 20-20 and Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.  We have come a long way since those halcyon (NOT!) days.

This!