Any recent experience with how quarantine is being handled on Summit

jerbeth

We have sailed many times with Celebrity but never on a Millenium class ship. We are booked on the Summit in October for the Boston-Miami cruise. Our favorite venue for pre-dinner drinks has always been the Sky Lounge where the Elite cocktail party used to be held.  I know that things have changed and that drinks are pre-loaded on your key card to use anywhere throughout the ship. Does anyone know if the Sky Lounge is being used as a bar or just a nightclub?  If in use as a bar what are the hours of operation?  I don’t see it mentioned when I look at the Summit information on the Celebrity website.  Thank you for any information you can provide.

Sorry, this went out before I meant it to.  We are booked on Summit Boston-Miami and are in the final stages of deciding whether to go or not.  What I am very curious about is how quarantine is being handled specifically on Summit.  We believe we could handle quarantine in our current balcony cabin but are equally certain we would find being moved to an ocean view or less more than likely intolerable.  Any information will be greatly appreciated as it will help us to make our final decision.

I was in an OV on deck 3 right next to the elevators mid ship on the Summit two weeks ago and passed the “quarantine” sign on Deck 2 every time we went ashore.  I don’t know if other decks were used, but deck 2 was.

• Thanks 1

You should assume that if you tested positive by the ship's medical staff, you will be forced to isolate in an undesirable cabin. Yours is a desirable itinerary and X will likely sell out balcony cabins.

• Like 1

Like many things quarantine cabins can change depending upon how many passengers test positive, how many crew test positive and when they test positive .  Day 6 of a 7 days you may stay in your cabin, day 3 likely to be moved. 
We go with the expectation that we could  be moved from our suite to a OV.  

Just got off of the Summit last week

The Sky Lounge  is still used as a bar and a nightclub

During the day it is a quiet place for relaxing and watching the waves.

Around 3pm the bar opens and for the rest of the afternoon and early evening Trivia and various games are held there. Later it becomes the nightclub until around midnight.

Generally part of deck 6 for quarantine but depends on the number.  Have not seen first hand reports of anything but verandas used for quarantine in months EXCEPT two cruises that were basically sold out.

The Sky lounge bar is open.  It is used for lots of activities, but certainly has quiet spots.  Trivia does not use the entire area for example.