On board now- Eclipse Celebrity Suite observations and tips

DevilinaBluDress

Currently on the Eclipse in a Celebrity Suite- some observations and tips: 

1. Walls are not metal, so magnetic hooks and clips won't stick.

2. Write a list for your needs and amazingly your PRH will likely make it happen. We asked for a tea kettle, a makeup mirror, a swap for the sparkling wine, etc. All fulfilled! 

3. It's day 3 and I'm not used to the 3 hour time shift from home yet. The first morning, I went to the Oceanview Cafe for tea at 4:30 am ship time in my pj's, robe, and slippers. Funny how many people were already up and about. No one else in their robe and slippers though, hence the tea kettle request which came along with tea, water bottles, tea cups, etc. At 4 am this morning, I made tea in our cabin still in my pj's, robe, and slippers. 😏

4. If you are celebrating a special day, let your PRH know. We came back to our cabin after breakfast to find it all decorated for my DH's bday yesterday. 

5. The only US outlets I could find was one low powered one in the bathroom (the hairdryer didn't work with it) and one at the desk. 

6. The afternoon tea at Michael's club was delightful.

7. The officers meet and greet at Michael's club was very crowded (we didn't stick around to meet anyone.)

8. Internet is wonky. Some pictures aren't uploading with this post. I have no idea why some are upside down either!

CF4CDC8D-3E72-4653-9D8F-6A35C6975BC2.jpeg

EA60936F-D871-44FD-8FEB-1EAE2E9E8732.jpeg

1A8A83CC-9B44-4567-A399-714E3A667F28.jpeg

C8D5D4BF-7AA7-43E5-877B-7471C2504180.jpeg

F794FC76-36DC-4504-AC91-7133761794E8.jpeg

7C370B0E-85E7-41CF-9CDA-4FF0BE295984.jpeg

E0703D05-9CBD-4109-83F0-0FA2D69469E6.jpeg

26731E2F-981C-463B-944E-353778FF1B07.jpeg

BF6544C9-7BF0-4090-9FA4-899CDD03CBC0.jpeg

F83A71E9-E6DB-4BDA-B8E7-F7D906DB048C.jpeg

3BA88F1B-CDF2-4109-A593-95DF5789924B.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for your info and photos.

We’ll be in our first CS soon, on an S-class ship, and it’s a surprise about the electrical outlet situation in the bedroom. 

Please let us know what your PRH says about the outlets. 

In a recent thread about a CS on a different S-class ship, someone said there’s an electrical outlet in the bedroom behind each nightstand, where the lamps are plugged in. They use a CPAP machine, and did not understand why their PRH had rigged up an extension cord from the machine to an outlet in the living room rather than using the outlet behind nightstand.  (Among other things, this prevented them from closing the bedroom door.)

If you have a chance, could you please check behind your nightstands and see if there’s a usable outlet and let us know?  Maybe there’s just one for each lamp?  (In which case, perhaps one of those little adapter plugs with two receptacles would work.)

Thanks and enjoy your suite and your cruise!

We were in Celebrity Suite 1618 on the June 5 sailing. For what it's worth, there are additional outlets under the little corner desk. I used that one with the hair dryer as we plugged our electronics in the one over that desk. The only way we could consistently get strong enough wifi was to stand at the door of our suite. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, travlr21 said:

We were in Celebrity Suite 1618 on the June 5 sailing. For what it's worth, there are additional outlets under the little corner desk. I used that one with the hair dryer as we plugged our electronics in the one over that desk. The only way we could consistently get strong enough wifi was to stand at the door of our suite. 

Yes! Thank you!

36C7551D-8EA0-4585-9CFB-1F6E4A19B851.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks for your info and photos.

We’ll be in our first CS soon, on an S-class ship, and it’s a surprise about the electrical outlet situation in the bedroom. 

Please let us know what your PRH says about the outlets. 

In a recent thread about a CS on a different S-class ship, someone said there’s an electrical outlet in the bedroom behind each nightstand, where the lamps are plugged in. They use a CPAP machine, and did not understand why their PRH had rigged up an extension cord from the machine to an outlet in the living room rather than using the outlet behind nightstand.  (Among other things, this prevented them from closing the bedroom door.)

If you have a chance, could you please check behind your nightstands and see if there’s a usable outlet and let us know?  Maybe there’s just one for each lamp?  (In which case, perhaps one of those little adapter plugs with two receptacles would work.)

Thanks and enjoy your suite and your cruise!

It doesn't look like they are usable. I accidentally broke the shade. Shhh

7A048788-B448-42D2-8256-4AC3E8711268.jpeg

B2AFB697-C6FA-4143-B6D4-2AB6FF20CE3A.jpeg

• Haha 1

I hope you are having an amazing time on your Alaska Cruise despite the few issues you have had.

I plan to book the Eclipse Deck 9 for an Alaskan Cruise next year.  If you have time could you tell me where the Crew Service Doors are mid ship between rooms 9224 and 9242.  I don't want to book across from the service door. Thank you so much I would really appreciate it.  jan

Glad you are enjoying your cruise and thank you for taking the time to do this live posting. If you have a chance can you find out if there’s any NZ Sauvignon Blanc on the ship? Usually it’s Villa Maria they carry but there’s been supply issues. We’re on in Sept and it’s my go to wine. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Peteymil said:

Is there only one lounger on the balcony?

Would it be big enough for 2 loungers if we asked for a second one?

We were in 1615 on the Reflection and a 2nd lounge was there when we boarded.

874EC503-D47C-4179-8CDC-B8C0FF0E65C8.thumb.jpeg.bf48483ff9e875e22ee05580e5de37da.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Glad you are enjoying your cruise and thank you for taking the time to do this live posting. If you have a chance can you find out if there’s any NZ Sauvignon Blanc on the ship? Usually it’s Villa Maria they carry but there’s been supply issues. We’re on in Sept and it’s my go to wine. Thank you!

I'll ask but the sommelier will faint when she hears me inquire about a white wine! She already knows that I drink red only. 😉

• Haha 1

The mismatch between outlets and appliances on Celebrity ships is nuts.  I was in the PH on Summit which has been Hoppenized.  For some ungodly reason, she took out the lovely dressing table area outside the master bath where one could sit to dry one's hair and installed yet more closets!  There are already more than enough closets in the PH!  Anyhow, now the only place to dry one's hair is at the desk in the MBR.  Except that the hairdryer plug doesn't match the outlet available.  Obviously a cheap fix would be to purchase a hairdryer with the sort of plug which exists there.  But that seems to be beyond the great minds at Celebrity.

4 hours ago, Peteymil said:

Is there only one lounger on the balcony?

Would it be big enough for 2 loungers if we asked for a second one?

Yes you can ask for second one, if they have any available in storage.  

• Like 1