Izumi on Ovation of the Seas

Anyone have insight on Izumi specialty restaurant on Ovation of the Seas?  Is it a purely sushi restaurant or is it a teppanyaki (grill) style restaurant?   I've Googled and other searches and have not found a definitive answer to my question and am hoping that someone who has actually been to Izumi on this ship can give me their thoughts on it   Thank you 

5 hours ago, alicam said:

Anyone have insight on Izumi specialty restaurant on Ovation of the Seas?  Is it a purely sushi restaurant or is it a teppanyaki (grill) style restaurant?   I've Googled and other searches and have not found a definitive answer to my question and am hoping that someone who has actually been to Izumi on this ship can give me their thoughts on it   Thank you 

Have you been on any other Quantum class ship?  Izumi appears to be almost an afterthought, as Tlbecker noted.

Ovation of the Seas Deck Plans 2022 with Layout & Activities

Cruising in the Age of Covid-19 — Part 3 | R. Doug Wicker — Author

I agree the location is lousy.  I would have been tempted to try, but the stares of folks and the breeze from folks walking by would be a turn off.

Oh and if you want to do Wonderland, save it if Symphony of the Seas with the nicer view.

3 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Although I like the food, the location is miserable.  There were so many people walking through the restaurant to get somewhere else it was quite distracting.  No Hibachi unfortunately.  

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I agree the location is lousy.  I would have been tempted to try, but the stares of folks and the breeze from folks walking by would be a turn off.

Oh and if you want to do Wonderland, save it if Symphony of the Seas with the nicer view.

I have been on Ovation 3 times, and if people were seated, eating, I would always walk on other side, past Bionic Bar. If nobody was eating, I would walk on that side. In the pic, you can’t see the tables set up on the right, that are right in walking path, within inches. Horrible set up.

Yeah we went to Izumi on the Odyssey where its located in the same place. The food was really good but it felt like you were eating it in the hallway (and some tables literally were)

Edited by hotsauce126

11 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

Yeah we went to Izumi on the Odyssey where its located in the same place. The food was really good but it felt like you were eating it in the hallway (and some tables literally were)

Exactly how I felt too.  

19 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I have been on Ovation 3 times, and if people were seated, eating, I would always walk on other side, past Bionic Bar. If nobody was eating, I would walk on that side. In the pic, you can’t see the tables set up on the right, that are right in walking path, within inches. Horrible set up.

well you sound like a very considerate person.  Frankly the setup is bad IMHO

• Like 1

19 hours ago, crzndeb said:

When we were on Ovation I didn’t even think to walk on that side of the ship because it looked like it was all part of the restaurant, we always walked through the Bionic Bar area. 

• Like 2