Diamond Princess Dining Room

muleevans

1 hour ago, muleevans said:

I am signing up for traditional dining on the Diamond Princess. (early seating)

Does anyone know which dining room I should specify ?  I think there are 5 options

shown.

Thanks for any help !!

There is no more traditional dining, early & late seating. You have to go into Dine My Way and select your time, table size and DR preference.

Edited by skynight

Does anyone know which dining room I should specify ?  I think there are 5 options

shown.

Thanks for any help !!

5 minutes ago, muleevans said:

Got it. I'm just wondering which dining room to select.

You should be able to get the TD experience (same time, table, waiters, etc).  Princess promises it and I would hold DR mgmt to that promise.

This is an "odd" ship to me since the mid-ship DR's are split in two.  In the past, at least one of those four would have been used for TD as we know it.  That said, the Deck 6 Aft DR was universally 100% TD on Princess, so if you have that one to choose from, it would be the safest bet to get TD.  But, you are going to have to seek out DR mgmt and make your request known.

On 6/25/2022 at 2:42 PM, muleevans said:

shown.

Thanks for any help !!

I'm in the same boat as you, literally lol We are booked on the diamond in Sept and January. I have been doing a lot of research on youtube to visually look at the restaurant's interiors. Since they have different names, you would think they would have different looks. However, I did find that they have somewhat unique differences. I ended up booking Vivaldi because it looked a little dark and romantic, lol. I looked at so many videos I wish I could link that had the most detail. When is your cruise? If it's after mine I will post some pics. We are on her return to service cruise Sept. 1st

On Diamond and Sapphire, the dining rooms do have more unique decor compared with other Princess ships I've been on.  Vivaldi (along with the International Dining room) look more like the standard Princess dining rooms.  Savoy is darker with wood panelling (my personal favorite).  Pacific Moon is lighter, with some Asian inspired art (I also remember round white globes throughout the dining room - perhaps in reference to the moon in the name).  Santa Fe has Mission style or Santa Fe design, with Adobe looking walls and southwestern inspired art.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, westcoaster said:

On Diamond and Sapphire, the dining rooms do have more unique decor compared with other Princess ships I've been on.  Vivaldi (along with the International Dining room) look more like the standard Princess dining rooms.  Savoy is darker with wood panelling (my personal favorite).  Pacific Moon is lighter, with some Asian inspired art (I also remember round white globes throughout the dining room - perhaps in reference to the moon in the name).  Santa Fe has Mission style or Santa Fe design, with Adobe looking walls and southwestern inspired art.  

Thank you, I'm going to switch to Savoy now! 

On 6/25/2022 at 4:00 PM, muleevans said:

Got it. I'm just wondering which dining room to select.

I would recommend any of the midship dining rooms. We had the aft dining room last November on the Ruby, and the waiting area was a mess every night. There's not a lot of room, and when everybody showed up at 5:00, it was chaos. Never again. The food is the same in all of them.

• 2 weeks later...

We always book a table for two due to hearing issues. Are these tables generally close to others or are they spaced at some distance? We've been on other Princess ships where tables are lined up with less than two feet between them. 

• 2 weeks later...

omynameistaken - my cruise is in January.

I will look for your post after your Sept. cruise.

Thank You !!!

Ok, i will post something for you. I'm going to try to remember to take some pictures

Are you doing the Hawaii sailing in January? We are on that sailing also 🌺

On 6/29/2022 at 5:57 PM, Sea Hag said:

I would recommend any of the midship dining rooms. We had the aft dining room last November on the Ruby, and the waiting area was a mess every night. There's not a lot of room, and when everybody showed up at 5:00, it was chaos. Never again. The food is the same in all of them.

But that was the Ruby.  The Diamond is a totally different ship...

4 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

But that was the Ruby.  The Diamond is a totally different ship...

Look at the deck plans. In that area, the ships are very much the same. It's the same situation, with a small lobby area and no room for long lines. 

19 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

But the Diamond has 5 dining rooms...

How does that matter in this discussion? My original post was about the aft dining room on deck 6. The fact that the midship dining rooms on 5 and 6 are each split in two on the Diamond, resulting in a total of five, has nothing to do with the aft dining room on 6. Which, as I said, is very much the same on the Ruby and the Diamond.

Edited by Sea Hag
clarification

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 8:29 AM, muleevans said:

No - 7 day Mexican Riviera

We have done Hawaii twice and loved it.

Enjoy your cruise !!!!

Thank you, we've done the cruise once before on the Star Princess & loved it, I'm sad they sold that ship ☹️

Unfortunately our cruise in Sept. has been canceled but hopefully we will still set sail in January to Hawaii. Now I believe you will be cruising before us 😉 Please let me know what you think and which dining room you chose. We will have Club Class this cruise so we will be stuck with wherever they have it set to. Cheers 🥂

4 hours ago, omynameistaken said:

Thank you, we've done the cruise once before on the Star Princess & loved it, I'm sad they sold that ship ☹️

Unfortunately our cruise in Sept. has been canceled but hopefully we will still set sail in January to Hawaii. Now I believe you will be cruising before us 😉 Please let me know what you think and which dining room you chose. We will have Club Class this cruise so we will be stuck with wherever they have it set to. Cheers 🥂

HI!

If this who I think it is then hi neighbor. Don't you wish we were all doing that French Polynesian cruise again.

Anyways, we tried Club Class this last January and loved the quieter, more personalized service.

I just wish we didn't have to sail in that uncovered balcony to get it.

We're on the Sapphire (hopefully) in 2023 (back to Tahiti , if only for 2 days) so are also following this advice as to which dining room.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 4:32 PM, omynameistaken said:

I have been doing a lot of research on youtube to visually look at the restaurant's interiors. Since they have different names, you would think they would have different looks. However, I did find that they have somewhat unique differences. I ended up booking Vivaldi because it looked a little dark and romantic, lol. I looked at so many videos I wish I could link that had the most detail. When is your cruise? If it's after mine I will post some pics. We are on her return to service cruise Sept. 1st

The original intent was to have different specialty dishes for each dining room: Southwest cuisine, Asian, etc. (can't remember the different types). Went bye-bye 'cuz it was too much work for staff.

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, chamima said:

HI!

If this who I think it is then hi neighbor. Don't you wish we were all doing that French Polynesian cruise again.

Anyways, we tried Club Class this last January and loved the quieter, more personalized service.

I just wish we didn't have to sail in that uncovered balcony to get it.

We're on the Sapphire (hopefully) in 2023 (back to Tahiti , if only for 2 days) so are also following this advice as to which dining room.

Hi neighbor, yes it's me!! 🌴 I still can't get over the fact they sold the Pacific Princess  and canceled our cruise. We were looking at other cruise lines and they are twice the price. I was just watching a show last night on Acorn TV and it is so good, I think you would love it! Martin Clunes: Islands of the Pacific. 

We love Club Class and have become quite spoiled by it. I have been on the Sapphire a couple times but unfortunately don't recall the dining rooms. 

We are on Discovery Princess in November & this will be the newest ship we've ever been on 😉

Hopefully we will cruise together again! 😘😘

• Like 1