Live from Silver Muse 6/30/22 Seward to Vancouver

gcornell

10 hours ago, saminina said:

34 passengers on bus today.. One badly coughing person.  The only excursion ever taken and am regretting every damn minute of it.    Just hope the regret does not reappear next week.

Agree, 34 people on a Silversea excursion sounds too crowded, especially for this cruise line that prides itself on being more upscale and above average.  Is this type of crowding the "new normal"?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

57 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Agree, 34 people on a Silversea excursion sounds too crowded, especially for this cruise line that prides itself on being more upscale and above average.  Is this type of crowding the "new normal"?

It's the new social distancing.

On 7/6/2022 at 2:43 PM, Lirio said:

What is the minimum age to drink alcohol within SS ships?

Considering that SS is an all-inclusive cruise, what´s the price difference for those that do not drink, I mean for kids and teenagers?

No minimum age defined.  They tend to follow cultural norms wherever they are sailing relative to parental oversight.

In our experience, the price difference was roughly two-thirds off.

On 7/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, TLCOhio said:

Surely that depends on the size of the bus.  We have been on excursions in the past with 30 ish others but the bus could have carried circa 70 pax so plenty of space to spread out.   

Re-reading your live from........I will be sailing her next month with the land tour too. It will be my first time to Denali.........you mentioned the amount of time on bus and train.........isn't that the only way to see everything? Or were you just making an observation about how much time was spent on both forms of transport?

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Re-reading your live from........I will be sailing her next month with the land tour too. It will be my first time to Denali.........you mentioned the amount of time on bus and train.........isn't that the only way to see everything? Or were you just making an observation about how much time was spent on both forms of transport?

Correct.  Just an observation as many, including us, were a little surprised about the total amount of time spent on the bus.  I would still have done it just been better prepared and prepared my kids better.  There were a few that said they would not have done it had they known the amount of bus travel.  It also appears that at least one guest got covid from a couple that tested positive prior to boarding.

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

you mentioned the amount of time on bus and train.........isn't that the only way to see everything?

Yes, Lois, the bus is the only way to see Denali (the park).Unfortunately the one road is only partly open this season due to a landslide that requires significant reconstruction during the short summer season — but that keeps the bus ride roughly half the distance  it might have been had you been able to select the full distance option. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning......I have another question please.  This is about your luggage. I am just wondering how everything is handled?  Once I arrive in Anchorage I know someone from SS is supposed to meet me at the airport for transfer to the hotel. 

Do they take any checked bags and you keep your carry on for the Denali portion?  Or does everything go to the hotel and the next morning SS will take your checked bag? Just wondering about the process.

Thanks again🙂