Drink pkg- 2 Questions

I believe we already paid the mandatory service charge/tips when we took the free drink package, is this this correct?

It says no specialty coffee, is that even a basic cappucino? Im surprised that wouldnt be included but up to a $15 drink is.

Thx!

5 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

I believe we already paid the mandatory service charge/tips when we took the free drink package, is this this correct?

It says no specialty coffee, is that even a basic cappucino? Im surprised that wouldnt be included but up to a $15 drink is.

Thx!

Yup. No cappucino. 

2 hours ago, joelheather said:

you would have to upgrade to the top package,  if you selected the free drink package already, you will get an offer to upgrade to that package. its about $29 a day more.

Additional $34.80 per person/per day (after the additional 20% gratuities on the PPBP).

2 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Thx!

On our last cruise, I took a Starbucks Gift Card that I already had.  I didn't use it much while on the cruise, but when I did use it, I didn't have to worry about extra expenses on our account!

cappuccino, latte, extra $2.95 each. i like to order a cappuccino after breakfast and dinner, along with a glass of champagne at breakfast, and a glass of port after dinner. the booze is free, i dont mind the extra $6.00 a day.

im also addicted to pepsi, and have at least 2-3 cans daily @ 2.95 .  over  7-10 day cruise or longer, it might add up, but if it's something you really want, the overall cost as opposed to what youre already paying for the cruise itself, seems minimal.

your're right, that ncl should include the cap or latte, but unfortunately they dont

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Depending on how much specialty coffee you drink, it is likely cheaper to just pay as you go verses upgrading to the Premium Plus package.  Unless of course you are also upgrading for the higher end liquor and wines.

You would have to drink a massive amount of coffee to make it worth upgrading just for the coffee (around 10 drinks every single day of the cruise).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

You would have to drink a massive amount of coffee to make it worth upgrading just for the coffee (around 10 drinks every single day of the cruise).

I'm probably not in the majority but I don't think I'm too unusual:  Each day, I'll usually get a venti frapuccino or two (~$6) and at least a couple bottles of Pellegrino ($6 each.)  Still, really not enough to justify the cost but now we're getting closer.  If you enjoy it, and I do, add in the (real) Champagne and the included bottles of wine at dinner and P+ becomes a good value.  

It's a weird psychological dynamic:  short of a very special occasion, I'd never dream of ordering a bottle of Moet when out at a land-based restaurant.  I do have a bottle onhand here at home, which I received as a Christmas gift.  Again, I hesitate to open it.  That makes it all the nicer to be able to do it onboard.  It's a relatively modest splurge IF you're into it.  Moreso if you have some OBC 🙂

That said, if it's just a matter of a couple (or 5) cappuccinos each day, you're correct.  Best to pay ala carte.

Edited by phillygwm

2 hours ago, phillygwm said:

I'm probably not in the majority but I don't think I'm too unusual:  Each day, I'll usually get a venti frapuccino or two (~$6) and at least a couple bottles of Pellegrino ($6 each.)  Still, really not enough to justify the cost but now we're getting closer.  If you enjoy it, and I do, add in the (real) Champagne and the included bottles of wine at dinner and P+ becomes a good value.  

It's a weird psychological dynamic:  short of a very special occasion, I'd never dream of ordering a bottle of Moet when out at a land-based restaurant.  I do have a bottle onhand here at home, which I received as a Christmas gift.  Again, I hesitate to open it.  That makes it all the nicer to be able to do it onboard.  It's a relatively modest splurge IF you're into it.  Moreso if you have some OBC 🙂

That said, if it's just a matter of a couple (or 5) cappuccinos each day, you're correct.  Best to pay ala carte.

Yeah, there is lots of potential value to P+. We upgraded last time and have already done so for our next cruise. I have one or two coffees a day, my wife drinks sparkling water (and I sometimes do) and it’s a great excuse to drink Champagne all week.

Just not worth it for coffee alone unless you drink an exceptional amount.

9 minutes ago, js said:

Is it still that everyone in the cabin needs to upgrade if one person wants it. 

Thank you. 

If upgrading online yes. If you wait until onboard some people have reported being able to just do it for one.