Allure OTS - Seapass card

They have both the bar code and the mag stripe, but I believe that they also have the imbedded RFID chip. If I remember correctly from our last Allure cruise in October, the bartenders held them on the chip reader when we purchased drinks - but then I was drinking at the time so my memory may be a bit fuzzy about that.🍹🍹

When in doubt, ask GS to punch your cards for lanyards, because they know where the chip (if there is one) is located.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, orville99 said:

They have both the bar code and the mag stripe, but I believe that they also have the imbedded RFID chip. If I remember correctly from our last Allure cruise in October, the bartenders held them on the chip reader when we purchased drinks - but then I was drinking at the time so my memory may be a bit fuzzy about that.🍹🍹

When in doubt, ask GS to punch your cards for lanyards, because they know where the chip (if there is one) is located.

I can only say what I experienced two weeks on ago on Allure. Everytime I got a drink my card was swiped, not inserted in a chip reader

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, doppelganger2621 said:

I can only say what I experienced two weeks on ago on Allure. Everytime I got a drink my card was swiped, not inserted in a chip reader

That’s my experience as Allure has not been amped.  When I sailed on Oasis and Anthem all I needed was tap my card to get into cabin. 

2 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

Seapass cards on the Allure are they RFID or the barcode types?

Just want to see which type of lanyard should I bring.

Thanks

They can punch a hole for you at guest services if that is your concern.  

For whatever reason they punched our kid’s cards right in the middle in the RC logo/name rectangle.  

Edited by topnole

Also note that the cards they are currently using delaminate easily.  The printing is on a clear sheet applied to the hard card and they tend to peel off to varying degrees.  Lots of people need replacements during the week.

7 minutes ago, Anton said:

Also note that the cards they are currently using delaminate easily.  The printing is on a clear sheet applied to the hard card and they tend to peel off to varying degrees.  Lots of people need replacements during the week.

9 of us in our group in May.  No issues with delaminating.   Maybe if they get wet or sunscreen on them?   

22 minutes ago, Anton said:

14 minutes ago, topnole said:

9 of us in our group in May.  No issues with delaminating.   Maybe if they get wet or sunscreen on them?   

Had the same delaminating problem on our last four Harmony cruises - January, February, and April - as well as our October Allure cruises. All of my cards delaminated but non of my wife’s did. Probably because I always carry mine in my pocket and she keeps hers in a little clutch.

12 minutes ago, topnole said:

I don't know why but I've had them come apart on every cruise recently on Harmony, Wonder, Allure at the end of May. I wasn't alone.   Even had a guest relations person say they know they have a problem with them.

Just now, orville99 said:

Had the same delaminating problem on our last four Harmony cruises - January, February, and April - as well as our October Allure cruises. All of my cards delaminated but non of my wife’s did. Probably because I always carry mine in my pocket and she keeps hers in a little clutch.

Same experience for us on Harmony 5/29. We got new ones midway through the week and the print changed from white to black IIRC.

Just now, Anton said:

I don't know why but I've had them come apart on every cruise recently on Harmony, Wonder, Allure at the end of May. I wasn't alone.   Even had a guest relations person say they know they have a problem with them.

You are not alone.  Many on Anthem's easter sail were getting replacements.  I replaced mine on th 6th day. 

40 minutes ago, topnole said:

I got sunscreen on mine at Cococay and the ink came right off. No issues reboarding though. GS printed me a new one in like 10 seconds

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

That’s weird.  Just looked at mine from last cruise to confirm and they look perfect.  I carry mine in my pocket all week.  Zero issues.  But I didn’t get it wet, have sunscreen on it, or have it swiped that much.  Those spray sunscreens are really bad and I know they take off all the info like it is wet water based paint.   I’d guess they can ruin the laminate too.   I can’t imagine the stuff they do to one’s body.   Not sure, maybe other sunscreens do some of that too.  

Maybe it is swiping for drinks/dinners throughout the trip and a combination of other things?  

3 minutes ago, topnole said:

That’s weird.  Just looked at mine from last cruise to confirm and they look perfect.  I carry mine in my pocket all week.  Zero issues.  But I didn’t get it wet, have sunscreen on it, or have it swiped that much.  Those spray sunscreens are really bad and I know they take off all the info like it is wet water based paint.   I’d guess they can ruin the laminate too.   I can’t imagine the stuff they do to one’s body.   Not sure, maybe other sunscreens do some of that too.  

Maybe it is swiping for drinks/dinners throughout the trip and a combination of other things?  

Don't use sunscreen never get them wet, but the back just peels off midweek - just like clockwork