On line check in requirements

20 hours ago, Mudhen said:

What computer? Yours? I've been using my iphone for photos...my personal desk top won't do photos.

Yes, my laptop.  The website gave the option of "take a picture"  then I followed the prompts and the picture appeared, check-in complete!   Sounds like you did succeed, so congrats!  Hope you have the boarding passes by now.

3 hours ago, never2home said:

Yes, my laptop.  The website gave the option of "take a picture"  then I followed the prompts and the picture appeared, check-in complete!   Sounds like you did succeed, so congrats!  Hope you have the boarding passes by now.

We do! Printed out the boarding passes this morning....

Now if we can just get to Stockholm....we're supposed to be on SAS. I've contacted our TA and hopefully Regent is doing something about this......maybe like pick another airline??!!!

Will keep you posted!

To those who have upcoming cruises.....

Be proactive! I wonder how long Regent was going to let us actually hang with no air?

After multiple major snafus, our air was finally sorted out, however we are spending an additional night in Stockholm.....on what seems to be "our" nickel. We rarely, if ever, complain, but I think this is a case where Regent could actually "treat". It was their delay that put us in this situation.

I guess what I want to say is that if you have an upcoming cruise, be sure your carrier is actually flying, not on strike, not having a slow down, etc. 

If I hadn't pushed, we'd still be sitting here expecting Regent to find air for us (of which there was basically none.....).

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 6:20 PM, Mudhen said:

To those who have upcoming cruises.....

Be proactive! I wonder how long Regent was going to let us actually hang with no air?

After multiple major snafus, our air was finally sorted out, however we are spending an additional night in Stockholm.....on what seems to be "our" nickel. We rarely, if ever, complain, but I think this is a case where Regent could actually "treat". It was their delay that put us in this situation.

I guess what I want to say is that if you have an upcoming cruise, be sure your carrier is actually flying, not on strike, not having a slow down, etc. 

If I hadn't pushed, we'd still be sitting here expecting Regent to find air for us (of which there was basically none.....).

I think it's in all of our best interests to check, verify, monitor, and double-check air arrangements whether Regent or self arranged.  The air market is so volatile right now - I don't count on ANY flights not changing (or cancelling) at the last minute.  Our upcoming vacation flights have already changed two or three times and we're still almost six weeks out.

Crazy times...

We are flying out of Copenhagen on SAS on August 19th as we come off the Splendor’s North Atlantic cruise. The flight arrangements (made by Regent) still show the Scandinavian leg from Copenhagen to Newark as a go, but if that gets cancelled, does anyone know what Regent will do?

2 hours ago, exlandlubber said:

We are flying out of Copenhagen on SAS on August 19th as we come off the Splendor’s North Atlantic cruise. The flight arrangements (made by Regent) still show the Scandinavian leg from Copenhagen to Newark as a go, but if that gets cancelled, does anyone know what Regent will do?

With a little luck, maybe SAS will be back in the air by then. There seems to be some talking going on between management and the pilots over at SAS. 

I would keep a close eye on the situation. If (God forbid) SAS does go down the drain, or flights continue to be canceled, let your TA and Regent know you're concerned. 

With our case, I think Regent waited a little too long in hopes all would be well with SAS. It was not "well", it was a total mess, with little to no availabilty  for an optional choice. We wound up going out a day earlier than our  included  overnight in Stockholm. It's now "our" obligation to pay for that extra hotel night. Otherwise we could've done the Newark to Istambul and then Istambul to Stockholm...um, no. We were lucky to get Icelandair to Stockholm and that was by the skin of our teeth.

Keep an eye on your flights.

Mudhen,

Thank you for your advice. I must admit to being very nervous about getting into Heathrow (an obvious nightmare from what I’ve seen) and getting out of Copenhagen.  If time wasn’t so short at this point, I’d postpone the trip until the airline situation improves but for now I’m just going to hope for the best.

Kim

Mudhen,

Thank you for your advice. I must admit to being very nervous about getting into Heathrow (an obvious nightmare from what I’ve seen) and getting out of Copenhagen.  If time wasn’t so short at this point, I’d postpone the trip until the airline situation improves but for now I’m just going to hope for the best.

Kim

25 minutes ago, exlandlubber said:

Mudhen,

Kim

Two weeks ago we got a cruise and flew to Heathrow, two of our bags never made it! We got one back pretty quickly but the other is still missing probably never to see home again. Its been 17 days since our return so not holding my breath, 90 percent belongs to Mrs Fudge so she is not very happy at all, I am missing toiletries and an shaver, so will just have to smell for while! (LoL)

22 minutes ago, fudge said:

Two weeks ago we got a cruise and flew to Heathrow, two of our bags never made it! We got one back pretty quickly but the other is still missing probably never to see home again. Its been 17 days since our return so not holding my breath, 90 percent belongs to Mrs Fudge so she is not very happy at all, I am missing toiletries and an shaver, so will just have to smell for while! (LoL)

Should say got off a cruise

Fudge,

That’s awful!  I bought the Apple AirTags that folks were talking about in the hopes that I’ll be able to track my bag if it’s lost.  It’s a nice piece of luggage and it’s certainly not one I want to lose so it was worth the $27 to hopefully protect it.  I really hope you get your stuff back soon.

3 hours ago, exlandlubber said:

Mudhen,

Kim

The good news is that it seems that SAS has sorted out most of it's pilot's problems and with a little luck they'll be back to a "normal?" schedule shortly. We leave on Sat., but on Icelandair. A little stop in Reykivik ( I know that's not how you spell it, but you get the idea!) and then on to Stockholm. However, even if Regent put us back on the SAS direct from Newark, I'd balk at it. Have flown Icelandair before, and was perfectly  happy. Give me the albeit, less elegant, but I'm sure we'll get there.....any day!