Returned from Carnival Sunshine June 30th - Bimini

TehPatch

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Not as close for me as Charleston, but I love Savannah!  Good thought👍

Yes, Savannah is a beautiful city (surrounding areas too).   Not sure how receptive their locals would be  to having a cruise port built there .. I know many of the people in CHS were  not crazy about it at all!   

• Like 1

It depends on where the cruise terminal would be located in Savannah, which side of the bridge. If the ship has to go under the Talmadge bridge, they'd have the same issues as the Ravenel bridge in Charleston since they both have the same clearance of 185 feet.

• Like 1

Wilmington, NC is another city that has hosted cruise ships occasionally and could conceivably be an option for Carnival with some upgrades and a new facility as long as they place the terminal on the ocean side of the Cape Fear memorial bridge.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Wilmington, NC is another city that has hosted cruise ships occasionally and could conceivably be an option for Carnival with some upgrades and a new facility as long as they place the terminal on the ocean side of the Cape Fear memorial bridge.

That would be good.. I live in Roanoke, VA and was pricing for Norfolk vs Chareston and it's $100 dollar difference between the two. Plus if Wilmington became the next location then at least my boyfriends family would get the home state discount.

I live in Charleston but would regularly drive to the Jacksonville port because it was almost $200 cheaper than Charleston.  The blue bloods here feel they have more than enough tourists visiting and complained about traffic, noise and pollution. I heard that Charleston will become a visiting port but not an embarkation port. Sad for all the workers, and suppliers who worked getting the ship ready for turn around. Not to mention the hotels for cruise visitors. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 7:09 PM, mz-s said:

The problem is that's past the Ravenel bridge, which limits them to Spirit or Fantasy class. I really doubt Carnival is in the mood to operate yet another height-limited home port.

I think the most likely announcement is Norfolk will become a home port to replace Charleston, but they've got their own challenges (namely, parking).

I would love for them to move it to North Charleston as that makes it still a 30-40 minute drive from home! Norfolk would not work for us as we would just drive to Fla.

On 7/24/2022 at 7:22 PM, Anyislandwilldo said:

Yes I agree.  I sat and watched them repeat the guide and wrote down the times and days of the movies I wanted to watch.  Just in case I happened to be in the room at the time.  It would be nice to have these on the app.

I would take pictures of the schedule as it played.  Certainly would be better to have it listed somewhere on the app

• Like 2

On 7/26/2022 at 10:15 AM, SCcruiser123 said:

I live in Charleston but would regularly drive to the Jacksonville port because it was almost $200 cheaper than Charleston.  The blue bloods here feel they have more than enough tourists visiting and complained about traffic, noise and pollution. I heard that Charleston will become a visiting port but not an embarkation port. Sad for all the workers, and suppliers who worked getting the ship ready for turn around. Not to mention the hotels for cruise visitors. 

We do too.

Have an upcoming out of Charleston in September and a Decembewr cruise out of another favorite, Tampa.

Jacksonville is super cheap ,and convienient, but for a quick Bahamas weekennd, I'll pay a little extra for the cruise and get a ride to and from the port and save on parking and the gas for the drive there and back again.