Booking dining reservations in advance

dacrow

I just booked a cruise on the Beyond for next August (2023). We have select anytime dining and since we will be traveling with a large group (8 people) I wanted to go in and book reservations in advance for the main dining rooms. When I go to the Celebrity website and look under manage my cruise I see the ability to reserve most of the specialty restaurants, but I can't reserve in any of the main dining rooms. I thought it was possible to book in advance. Does anyone know if this is right?

Also, it was allowing us to book at any of the specialty restaurants, except for Le Voyage, which is where we wanted to go. It seems strange you can book at any of the restaurants except that one. Has anyone else run into that problem where it won't let you book Le Voyage in advance? Perhaps since it's a fairly new restaurant it's not in their system yet?

I am assuming you and your group all have Select Dining.  It may be a bit too esrly to book the MDR but when booking opens go to Specialty Dining and scroll to the very end and you will find the 4 MDRs and you cam book them.  

Thanks for these replies. I'm guessing it's just too early to book the main dining rooms. However, I find it strange that we can book any of the specialty restaurants except for Le Voyage. I would think they would open up all of the specialty restaurant bookings at the same time. Has anyone else run into that issue of being able to book some specialty restaurants but not others?

1 minute ago, dacrow said:

Thanks for these replies. I'm guessing it's just too early to book the main dining rooms. However, I find it strange that we can book any of the specialty restaurants except for Le Voyage. I would think they would open up all of the specialty restaurant bookings at the same time. Has anyone else run into that issue of being able to book some specialty restaurants but not others?

The main dining rooms aren't specialty restaurants and aren't producing revenue.  They're an included amenity. 

Celebrity wants to generate revenue and cash by opening up reservations for specialty restaurants as soon as possible.  

They are not the same.

I get that they want to open up the speciaty dining early to generate cash. But with that logic it doesn't make sense why they wouldn't open up booking for their most expensive specialty restaurant (Le Voyage). That's what doesn't make sense to me. It makes me think there is something messed up in their system.

47 minutes ago, dacrow said:

I get that they want to open up the speciaty dining early to generate cash. But with that logic it doesn't make sense why they wouldn't open up booking for their most expensive specialty restaurant (Le Voyage). That's what doesn't make sense to me. It makes me think there is something messed up in their system.

I booked my reservations for Le Voyage 2 months ago for my 10/26 sailing. 

Perhaps your sailing is fully booked.  As your roll call if anyone already booked it. 

Edited by mfs2k

1 hour ago, dacrow said:

/deleted post - you were asking about a particular specialty and I was talking again about MDRs haha - sorry!  Probably just too early 😉

Edited by WorkerBee74

I ended up calling Celebrity to ask about making reservations at Le Voyage in advance and they told me reservations for Le Voyage can only be made on board. I don't think that's correct as I've read people here say they've made reservations at Le Voyage in advance.

Since the cruise is over a year out (August 2023) and all of the other specialty restaurants have plenty of availability I would be shocked if Le Voyage is sold out already. I'm hoping that it will eventually end up opening up sometime closer to the cruise date.

21 hours ago, deliver42 said:

We're booked for December, and all our nights are reserved, both MDR's and specialty.

I don't think the MDRs are reserved since you cant make reservations for MDRs.

45 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I don't think the MDRs are reserved since you cant make reservations for MDRs.

You can make reservations for the MDRs if you have Select dining.   They are listed at the end of the specialty dining section of the Cruise Planner.  I don't know how  early booking opens we never  tried to make reservations before 6 mos out.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

You can make reservations for the MDRs if you have Select dining.   They are listed at the end of the specialty dining section of the Cruise Planner.  I don't know how  early booking opens we never  tried to make reservations before 6 mos out.

I made reservations for MDR's for our September 2022 Apex sailing a few months ago,  No problem and got 7 pm each night I selected.  I normally do not eat in MDR as I usually sail AQUA or SUITE but I was curious as to this new concept of 4.  If we don't care for it we will just dine in BLU.