Pre-Cruise Lateral Flow Test

arlowood

3 hours ago, Bin man said:

Re looking at the uptodate policy it does say 2nd test for 5_11 year olds done at terminal .May be P and O are covering themselves for the adults who may think they still had the drive through facilities in place or testing at terminal .Hope someone with children can comment for you to confirm 

Yes I was thinking the same as you, just covering themselves in case people thought they could just turn up. Still not sure why kids aged 5-11 need to be tested twice, everyone else once?

On 7/13/2022 at 6:45 PM, zap99 said:

We purchased 2 for use on Friday. £11 each. We collected them from the local newsagent

Are these tests classes as observed/ supervised?

Looking to order up  for Princess who request this. 

Have a great cruise! 

10 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Have a great cruise! 

Yes they are. The actual test is the same one as the free NHS ones, but you scan a copy of the test on their app and get a certificate.

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Yes they are. The actual test is the same one as the free NHS ones, but you scan a copy of the test on their app and get a certificate.

I do think that is incorrect Zap, the observed ones need to done by a trained medic, the same kit but done at a pharmacy or a special testing centre.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

I do think that is incorrect Zap, the observed ones need to done by a trained medic, the same kit but done at a pharmacy or a special testing centre.

I'll find out in a few hours if Celebrity accept them and let you know.🤔

30 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Correct. Princess requires an observed test not just sending a test result done by yourself on an app. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

46 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Have a great cruise! 

We used the Prenetics for our Princess cruise. It’s supervised over Zoom with a real person at the other end! I would recommend them. 

• Like 1

There is at terminal testing for 5-11 year olds. The reason for the second test is that this category of guest is not required to be vaccinated. There is a small pool of testing capacity at the terminal but not significant hence why P&O aren't selling it.

Princess are selling terminal testing at a premium therefore are happy to have additional staff/testing capacity available.

Regarding observed tests, exactly the same LFT as the NHS but you are watched by a trained individual. You then get a certificate confirming the outcome and that the test was carried out correctly.

• Thanks 2

The test at Lloyd's is observed. You do it yourself watched by a pharmacist who checks the result and issues the certificate. However, Lloyd's has a reputation for cancelling appointments so beware and have a Plan B!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Lloyd's has a reputation for cancelling appointments so beware and have a Plan B!

I agree but, in actual fact, I'd suggest a Plan A with someone like Randox, for example, and keep Lloyds as Plan B as you can cancel it at short notice without cost whereas the others need up front payment and prior notice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fionboard said:

The test at Lloyd's is observed. You do it yourself watched by a pharmacist who checks the result and issues the certificate. However, Lloyd's has a reputation for cancelling appointments so beware and have a Plan B!

My Lloyds pharmacist was horrified when I moved to stick the swab in my ear, then she noticed I was grinning 😁

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I do hope you are having a correct observed one Zap, because that is what Celebrity say they require.

We had the 11 quid onr. No problem with it being accepted. On the ship in about 20 minutes. Lots of staff, WiFi ok, app ok now the man sorted it.

• Like 3