LIVE SBS Suite Life Review: Sky 7/11/22 & Breakaway 7/17/22

HBCcruiser

19 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Why do people staying in the Haven need Vibe? This!👇👇

80715242-3D50-46FC-9084-54C4C2049D8A.thumb.jpeg.e6327dbbc360d25fe9e7ea8cd25c49bb.jpeg

Looks are deceiving. We stayed in the Haven on the Getaway and the area is not big and quite stifling in my opinion. The hot tubs were always full of kids and towel hogs were out in force with no loungers to be had. NCL got smart with the new ships by re-designing this space...

Edited by 2boyzmom
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I must say I do think NCL has better eggs Benedict than Royal but I did love the French toast on Royal! 

The main reason I'm bidding on Haven is for those eggs for my husband 🙂

• Like 2

Just now, 2boyzmom said:

Looks are deceiving. We stayed in the Haven on the Getaway and the area is not big and quite stifling in my opinion.

Wow! I had the exact opposite reaction to the Getaway's Haven Courtyard. I thought it was well-spaced, gorgeous, and I loved that it was open air, even though we experienced a lot of rain and cooler temps on our April Bermuda cruise. 

I think I experienced an anomaly though as you're not the first one I have read this one from. I might even have a different experience in August when we're back on the Getaway - we're chancing it and not getting the Vibe (we do have the thermal spa though). 

image.thumb.jpeg.d659ec38d180a13e14e6fd49ae2e7a0f.jpegthermal2.thumb.jpg.a4687a6e35a5fba46d74993ca18469c5.jpg1483844170_thermal1.thumb.jpg.57e915e80ea1e5a6b7938b7f89626e2e.jpg

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Wow! I had the exact opposite reaction to the Getaway's Haven Courtyard. I thought it was well-spaced, gorgeous, and I loved that it was open air, even though we experienced a lot of rain and cooler temps on our April Bermuda cruise. 

I think I experienced an anomaly though as you're not the first one I have read this one from. I might even have a different experience in August when we're back on the Getaway - we're chancing it and not getting the Vibe (we do have the thermal spa though). 

image.thumb.jpeg.d659ec38d180a13e14e6fd49ae2e7a0f.jpegthermal2.thumb.jpg.a4687a6e35a5fba46d74993ca18469c5.jpg1483844170_thermal1.thumb.jpg.57e915e80ea1e5a6b7938b7f89626e2e.jpg

We went during Easter Break so it was packed. Hoping to return on the Breakaway off season in November if I'm lucky with bidding. Glad you loved it 🙂

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

I think it also depends on the ship. The BA does not have a hot tub on the upper deck like some of the other ships do. The only  pool and hot tubs are down in the courtyard. Now, when we cruise on the Prima in the Haven I am not getting Vibe passes. I don’t think I’ll need them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Nope. Not an anomaly. We haven't been on a ton of ships, but the Getaway is our least favorite Haven of the three ships we've been on (Epic, Getaway, Escape). Everything is TEENY and crowded. And we went during an off-time.

I would go on the -away ships again, but they certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

1 minute ago, 2boyzmom said:

We went during Easter Break so it was packed. Hoping to return on the Breakaway off season in November if I'm lucky with bidding. Glad you loved it 🙂

Easter, 2022 on the Getaway out of NYC? The 11:59 PM debarkation debacle? Yep...me too! It was ridiculously busy...first cruise in the Haven and pretty darn sure that's where my husband and I will always be after that experience. 

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

Easter, 2022 on the Getaway out of NYC? The 11:59 PM debarkation debacle? Yep...me too! It was ridiculously busy...first cruise in the Haven and pretty darn sure that's where my husband and I will always be after that experience. 

We were on it a few years back pre-covid. My 2 teenage sons and their 2 friends in a 2 bedroom Haven. They had a ball needless to say ! This time just me and hubby. Boys in college and we are back to cruising off season thank goodness!!! 

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

I did not know this tip.   When we were in the Haven this past February, we did have our desserts sent to our cabin a few nights and really enjoyed eating them on our balcony.   But now, I will definitely inquire on our next sailing as we will be in a non-Haven Suite--going Haven-Lite.

I should specify that I know this to be the case in specialty restaurants.  I'm not sure if the main dining rooms will do it.

53 minutes ago, goldmom said:

Enjoying your reviews very much.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the hot tubs have signs saying you must be 16(?) to use them  Those kids in the picture look awfully young.

I have seen all ages in the hot tubs. I’ll see if there is a posted sign. 

Update: 

Found the sign. They ask that under 16 be supervised by an adult.;38EA38E8-6EA6-444D-8256-7180DC076A60.thumb.jpeg.78f417c2f41494bacc20bc78f98faa07.jpeg 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I have seen all ages in the hot tubs. I’ll see if there is a posted sign. 

Update: 

Found the sign. They ask that under 16 be supervised by an adult.;38EA38E8-6EA6-444D-8256-7180DC076A60.thumb.jpeg.78f417c2f41494bacc20bc78f98faa07.jpeg 

Ah, I thought there was something about under 16's.  Thanks for checking.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

So it’s raining today for our snorkel trip. I have no desire to be on a boat in the rain. Snorkeling in storms is never a good idea IMO. They should cancel this excursion. Either way we are not going. Hoping that the rain clears for our sunset champagne sail later today. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

So it’s raining today for our snorkel trip. I have no desire to be on a boat in the rain. Snorkeling in storms is never a good idea IMO. They should cancel this excursion. Either way we are not going. Hoping that the rain clears for our sunset champagne sail later today. 

I haven't snorkeled in the rain on an excursion - when I was a waterfront director at a camp in the Adirondacks I did all the time. Why should the excursion be canceled? You're going to get wet anyway. 

I do hope you have a lovely sailing tonight with yummy bubbles! I'm going on a sunset rum swizzle catamaran in a few weeks where I'm also hoping for clear skies and a lovely sunset! 

23 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Has anyone else had trouble figuring out how to work the lights in the Haven 2 bedroom family suite? It’s still a mystery to me. @Sailing12Away ?

You're asking the wrong person... I can never figure out any of the light switches or curtain buttons in my rooms. They need to label those things like I'm a 5yr old. I kept raising the curtains in the bathroom instead of turning on the lights all the time on our last trip. Blind leading the blind if you're looking for me to guide you 😛

23 hours ago, CptBoatface said:

Wonder if they would do variety animals, like a 🦒 or a 🐀 upon request 

On our RCC trip I had left my rat pack friends out on the table. Came back to a 🐀 towel animal on top of our cheese platter. So yes, some stewards know how to make bonus critters. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I haven't snorkeled in the rain on an excursion - when I was a waterfront director at a camp in the Adirondacks I did all the time. Why should the excursion be canceled? You're going to get wet anyway. 

Snorkeling in the rain is no fun.... generally the water isn't clam, which means the water isn't clear. All the sand and such gets stirred up which means no visibility to see anything under the water. So it's not about the wet part, it's about the visibility. We did a snorkeling trip in Barbados when it was overcast and intermittent rain. We saw nothing. Had a nice swim in the warm water, but that was about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Snorkeling in the rain is no fun.... generally the water isn't clam, which means the water isn't clear. All the sand and such gets stirred up which means no visibility to see anything under the water. So it's not about the wet part, it's about the visibility. We did a snorkeling trip in Barbados when it was overcast and intermittent rain. We saw nothing. Had a nice swim in the warm water, but that was about it.

Ahh, thank you! That makes perfect sense. @HBCcruiserI get it now. Haha