Question about covid test ordered through Optum

sbaker

We ordered the covid tests through Optum as recommended by Princess.  The covid tests arrived in the mail, but we're a little confused becasue there aren't many instructions.  It looks like the tests are proctored by eMed. but there aren't really any instructions provided.  For those that have done these tests thorugh eMed, can you explain the process?  Do we need to make an appointment in advance, or do we just log on to the eMed websiste whenever we're ready to test?  We did some similar tests in May for a cruise on Norwegian, but with that test proctor, we had to make an appointment in advance for a specific date and time.

1.  DO NOT OPEN THE BOX.  You will have to show the unopened box to the proctor.

2.  No appointment required.  When you are ready, connect with the proctor following the incredibly limited instructions on the outside of the box.  

3.  The proctor will walk you through he simple test procedure.  

4.  If I remember correctly, you will get an email with your test certificate.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

1.  DO NOT OPEN THE BOX.  You will have to show the unopened box to the proctor.

2.  No appointment required.  When you are ready, connect with the proctor following the incredibly limited instructions on the outside of the box.  

Don’t they have to sign up for an account for each person first with Navica?  Do they download the Navica app?

I've found that the tests don't always come with the "eMed" cardboard sleeve on them.  Our first ones didn't but fortunately we were doing the tests with friends that were cruising with us and their test boxes had the sleeve.

We are going to be taking a test this week using our laptop.  When you do it that way you go to start.emed.com when you're ready - no reservations are required.  And the ID we've had to enter in the past is A-AHM-IRF-AAA-AAI (also on the sleeve).  You'll have to create an account and provide the information requested.  From there a proctor will come on to guide you through the process.  You can also do this through the Navica app if you want to do the test through a smart device. We like using the laptop as it's a bit more stable.  And when you're all done you'll get the test results via email or the Navica app.  Very easy, you just need to follow instructions and not do anything until they ask you to do it.

Edited by azbirdmom

33 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I've found that the tests don't always come with the "eMed" cardboard sleeve on them.  Our first ones didn't but fortunately we were doing the tests with friends that were cruising with us and their test boxes had the sleeve.

We are going to be taking a test this week using our laptop.  When you do it that way you go to start.emed.com when you're ready - no reservations are required.  And the ID we've had to enter in the past is A-AHM-IRF-AAA-AAI (also on the sleeve).  You'll have to create an account and provide the information requested.  From there a proctor will come on to guide you through the process.  You can also do this through the Navica app if you want to do the test through a smart device. We like using the laptop as it's a bit more stable.  And when you're all done you'll get the test results via email or the Navica app.  Very easy, you just need to follow instructions and not do anything until they ask you to do it.

Thanks!  I thought we downloaded the NAVICA app before, each person needed an account ahead of time.  We did use an iphone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

I would also add to make sure that you have adequate bandwidth.  We have had significant problems connecting from our hotel room.

On the last eMed packages we used a couple of weeks ago before our Regal cruise, the procedure changed.

When we scanned the QR code and put in our NAVICA login information, it was rejected with a note saying we had to create an eMed account. After getting over our confusion, since we’ve done this 4 other times in the past 12 months, we created the required separate eMed accounts using the provided link with the same email addresses we previously used in the past for the NAVICA registration.

Additionally, eMed preferred that you use the same email account if you wanted the test results posted to your NAVICA account. However, if you opted not to have the results posted to your “old” NAVICA account, you will only receive an email from eMed with the results.

BTW we could not find any way to log onto our newly registered eMed accounts. So make sure you either print out the test results once you receive them or at least save the attached file or email in a safe location.

At least that’s what we experienced.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The tests are easy to do. We downloaded the Navica app and used our smart phones.

Last year I ordered 6 tests through eMed to use to enter Iceland and return to USA for me and my husband. I used another of the tests at home when we returned. The final 1 test , I took to Mexico to use for my return. That kit had an empty reagent bottle. Luckily, I could do a test at the resort in order to fly home.. My point, you may consider bring extra tests.