Celebrity's Policy if One PAX Tests Positive and the Other Negative

ScottC4746

With the increased numbers of people testing positive, what happens if our precruise test one of us tests positive preventing them from going and the other negative?  Do we get any refund for the one that couldn't go?  We do have the cruiseline insurance.

I’m curious on this too. I’m traveling with a friend. We probably won’t see each other in the few weeks before the cruise. Her job brings some risk. If she is positive, I may still go.  My concern is if I’d be still allowed on the ship since we are in same cabin. (Again, I wouldn’t have been exposed to her.)

Asked that same question and was told if either my wife or I tested positive we could. 1- get a refund.  2- substitute our daughter and the reservation. 3- one person testing negative could cruise alone, but that negated the refund.  Did not challenge as it was a hypothetical but guess they would refund half after negotiations. 

Not quite the same but my husband tested positive the day before we were due to fly home from Fairbanks after an independent land tour following a cruise. Our UK travel insurance stated that as we were travelling together they would pay my accommodation and flight costs as well as his so I could stay with him. Just waiting for them to reimburse us the enormous cost of the re-arranged flights.

23 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Asked that same question and was told if either my wife or I tested positive we could. 1- get a refund.  2- substitute our daughter and the reservation. 3- one person testing negative could cruise alone, but that negated the refund.  Did not challenge as it was a hypothetical but guess they would refund half after negotiations. 

I would assume/hope that insurance would cover the other persons loss, and while the cruise line would keep the cruise fare basically as a single supplement, they would refund the taxes, etc. (We did buy third party insurance that covers Covid as any other illness.)

23 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I’m wondering if you got a correct answer or a new rep.  It has been a couple of months since I completed the Health Questionnaire but I thought there was a question about having  been exposed/in close contact with someone who had tested positive in the past 10 ( ?) days.  If your wife tested positive on the pre-cruise  test  there is a good likelihood you could be positive in 2-3 days.