Covid prorated fare

SeaPete

Was in quarantine for 3 days with Covid and received letter while on the ship to contact celebrity engagement center for reimbursement for prorated cruise fare for lost days. I have emailed paperwork to them

and not received an email back.  That was end of May.  I tried calling but hold time so long hung up.  Will this prorated fare be in the form of a future cruise credit or credit card reimbursement?  How do I contact these people. What's the next step?

They emailed us several days after our cruise. I called  to give them credit card details and money was refunded back to credit card in less than a week. This was on the Beyond. I know someone else who was on the cruise in same situation and their experience with refund was about the same as ours.

Our cruise ended June 12, 2022, Equinox.  Also awaiting a pro-rated Covid refund.  I just got off the phone with Celebrity, it was about a 35 minute wait to get to a representative, and after I explained what was needed (pro-rated Covid refund), the representative said it would take at least an hour for her to get someone from the proper department to  deal with the refund and she would call back.  She called me back about 2 hours later, and transferred me to the post-cruise refund department (not sure what they are really called).  He looked at the cruise log and found the date isolation/quarantine started, calculated the refund, advised it would be a credit to the original form of payment, took the credit card information, and initiated a refund request.  It did take awhile on the phone for sure, but that’s the step I took.  The cruise ended June 12, 2022, so I gave it about a month (less time than you have been waiting, frustrating for you for sure) and then called.  I was told that after approval from the accounting department (all they did today was confirm the quarantine, calculate the refund amount, confirm credit card for payment and initiate the request for refund) of the refund request (which should be a “rubber stamp”), then it would be 30-45 days for the refund to be posted to my credit card.  I have heard of others who didn’t call or email and received refunds very quickly.

Edited by cacbeausang
Additional detail

In our case we spoke with an agent and he processed the claim.    I would definitely make phone call because I know mine and many others nothing happened until i had a real person with a phone number and email. 

All refunds were made to the credit card of my choice

My husband was in isolation for several days due to Covid-19 on the Eclipse in April.  The Suite Manager offered either a refund or FCC.  Since we have a number of future cruises booked we opted for the FCC.  I had the FCCs (the amount was divided in two so each of us had a FCC) in hand on May 2nd.  The cruise ended on May 4th.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

In our case we spoke with an agent and he processed the claim.    I would definitely make phone call because I know mine and many others nothing happened until i had a real person with a phone number and email. 

All refunds were made to the credit card of my choice

I finally got thru on the phone and was told my travel agent would have to file the claim...does this sound right to anyone?  Very frustrated!

17 minutes ago, SeaPete said:

I finally got thru on the phone and was told my travel agent would have to file the claim...does this sound right to anyone?  Very frustrated!

You might want to check with the OP of this thread:

17 hours ago, SeaPete said:

Finally got thru on the phone and was told my travel agent who booked the cruise would have to call them.

Does this sound right????

No Jim of Jim and Iian who is a frequent poster here reported that he dealt with this directly and his booking was through a TA.

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

No Jim of Jim and Iian who is a frequent poster here reported that he dealt with this directly and his booking was through a TA.

Does anyone have any idea of who I should contact, I need to escalate this as it's been almost 2 months and getting nowhere.

12 minutes ago, SeaPete said:

Does anyone have any idea of who I should contact, I need to escalate this as it's been almost 2 months and getting nowhere.

Call Captain's Club or email the executive office.  Simply state the facts briefly and clearly.  Ship, date of cruise, dates of confinement, booking number.  Executive office has always has a rep call me back within a couple days.

There're at least three other threads on exactly this same issue with contact details FYI

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

3 hours ago, SeaPete said:

Initially that's what I was told. I called...again...spoke to Kenneth who processed everything but told me he couldn't tell me the amount I'd get back because I was booked with a TA. ??? Kenneth took my CC details and in less than 2 weeks credit showed on my CC. I had calculated it on my own by taking total Cruise payment minus taxes/fees then dividing by # of days of the cruise and that's the same amount that was posted to my CC as a refund. It really shouldn't be this complicated.

This worked for me Engagement Center 888 305- 1427 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise