Joy Speedway height/weight maximums

The 4 of Us

I found the below on the NCL FAQ page but it only lists a minimum height requirement.  Are there any maximum height or weight limits to ride?

Joy Speedway

Minimum height requirement is 55" with the ability to drive alone. Food, drinks, loose clothing and personal items are not allowed. Fully closed footwear is required and shoes with high heels are not allowed.

1 hour ago, The 4 of Us said:

I found the below on the NCL FAQ page but it only lists a minimum height requirement.  Are there any maximum height or weight limits to ride?

Joy Speedway

Minimum height requirement is 55" with the ability to drive alone. Food, drinks, loose clothing and personal items are not allowed. Fully closed footwear is required and shoes with high heels are not allowed.

02B7606A-DAC2-4666-866D-67E187B3904A.jpeg.103b6fcf3cc7059a982f21a9e5855bae.jpeg

• Like 2

I am 5'2, and struggled with reaching the "go pedal", also wear glasses, putting the helmet over glasses to see, did not work well.  My bff, although met the weight restriction, her bottom is fluffy, and she could not fit in the seat.  the others in our group had a great time, I was the obstacle on the course, lol

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Thenoname said:

I have a pretty silly question, but do they weigh you before you're allowed to go on the Speedway? I weigh around 265. One day I can be 270, the other 260 and I am afraid of being told I'm too heavy to ride 😅

yes they do. I too have similar problems and i was denied to ride due to weight issue. they refund you the 15 dollars when you cant ride

5 hours ago, shof515 said:

yes they do. I too have similar problems and i was denied to ride due to weight issue. they refund you the 15 dollars when you cant ride

Geez, that's awkward.  I suppose they don't weigh everyone, just those they have a hunch might tip the scales...literally. 

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

Geez, that's awkward.  I suppose they don't weigh everyone, just those they have a hunch might tip the scales...literally. 

when i was on the joy, they weight everyone right after you do the checkin at the desk

3 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

We were never weighed in 2020, but I do think this a good thing, same for everybody, not just selecting those who look a little over the limit  

Not sure how the set up is, but on the Excel Class ships of Carnival there is a weight limit on the bolt roller coaster and you get a green light for under 300 and a red light for over 300.  It's not an actual scale that lets people know exactly how much you weigh. 

4 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Not sure how the set up is, but on the Excel Class ships of Carnival there is a weight limit on the bolt roller coaster and you get a green light for under 300 and a red light for over 300.  It's not an actual scale that lets people know exactly how much you weigh. 

when i was on the joy last month, it was actual scale with number. the number was only visible to the staff member working the ride

On 11/19/2022 at 3:42 AM, Thenoname said:

I have a pretty silly question, but do they weigh you before you're allowed to go on the Speedway? I weigh around 265. One day I can be 270, the other 260 and I am afraid of being told I'm too heavy to ride 😅

Unfortunately, these are electric go karts with battery levels that decline throughout the day. They are trying to set a reasonable weight so no one slows down and stops on the uphill portions of the track.

No matter how much you weigh, I find that little 70 lb kid who is fearless and has their finger on the boost button constantly will lap me (several times) during a race 🤣 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

when you make the reservation using the app or touch screen you are charged right away

Oh ok, you have to make a reservation to ride? I didn't realize that. So that's good because you won't have to stand in long lines for a long time then I hope.