Children in MDR

lolabarola

Hi

Although I’ve been on a number of cruises, our next one in August on Iona is the first in school holidays with grandkids. So, apologies if this is a daft question but where do kids eat in the evening? I honestly can’t remember seeing any in MDR but is that just parents’ choice? 

There is a kids tea around 5pm in the buffet where they can meet up with their new found friends. There are usually activities after in the kids club so leaving you free for the evening.

There is no restriction to them using the MDR should you prefer.

Not sure if this will change with covid.

Brian

11 minutes ago, lolabarola said:

Hi

Although I’ve been on a number of cruises, our next one in August on Iona is the first in school holidays with grandkids. So, apologies if this is a daft question but where do kids eat in the evening? I honestly can’t remember seeing any in MDR but is that just parents’ choice? 

Our grandchildren always ate with us in the MDR. 

• Like 1

We thought our grandchildren would want to eat in the buffet, how wrong we were. We did eat in the buffet for lunch if it was a sea day but they wanted to go to the MDR every night and for breakfast too. Suited us fine, we preferred that.

Hope you have a lovely cruise

Michelle

Depends on how old they are and if there are still cohorts like there was in April. 

mine went to the kids buffet when there was either the kids disco to get to or the kids club. When there was no club they went to the mdr or with us to beach house etc. 

I didn’t know there was a kids disco…..where would we find the timetable for kids events? Are they posted somewhere or would my son access these after they are signed up for the kids club? Are there other child specific entertainments?

On 7/20/2022 at 2:15 PM, lolabarola said:

Hi

Our grandkids enjoyed the MDR’s and The Quays 👍

I think children should  be encouraged to eat in the MDR, so as to equip them with the tools they need in later life.

Not necessarily about holding a knife and fork, but sitting at a table,  talking to people etc. 

• Like 2