Lobster Grill and Dim Sum Bar ??????

ImperialLady

this is the first I have heard about the areas bolded below....can anyone elaborate?  Thanks

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Discovery-Princess&deck=16

World Fresh Marketplace 

The ship's buffet style dining area with 900 seats. Serves cuisines from around the world including Mediterranean dishes, an Italian pasta speciality counter and a new 'east-meets-west' street food speciality counter.
The Bakery inside the World Fresh Marketplace will serve Western, European and Asian pastries.
There will also be a Lobster Grill and Dim Sum Bar, Chopsticks Noodle Bar, Leaves Tea Bar serving Boba Tea and an Ocean Terrace Juice Bar for fresh fruit and vegetable juices.

Edited by ImperialLady

The lobster bar in dim sum was actually be named to the burger and lobster bar I believe. But it's essentially just the Trident or salty dog grill that you can find on the other ships. They have street tacos burgers hot dogs surprise chicken sandwiches veggie burgers and for an extra fee of like $12 I believe it is for lobster roll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

The lobster bar in dim sum was actually be named to the burger and lobster bar I believe. But it's essentially just the Trident or salty dog grill that you can find on the other ships. They have street tacos burgers hot dogs surprise chicken sandwiches veggie burgers and for an extra fee of like $12 I believe it is for lobster roll.

Thanks....sounds interesting and $12 for a lobster roll😍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

Just a heads up about the lobster roll I know plenty of people who have gotten it I personally have not and they can sense this is it's not much lobster in the roll for the $12.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ImperialLady said:

We got one on the Majestic last year and it was $18.  It wasn’t bad!  Some lady was trying to get them to put more lobster in it, though … haha!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ImperialLady said:

this is the first I have heard about the areas bolded below....can anyone elaborate?  Thanks

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Discovery-Princess&deck=16

World Fresh Marketplace 

The ship's buffet style dining area with 900 seats. Serves cuisines from around the world including Mediterranean dishes, an Italian pasta speciality counter and a new 'east-meets-west' street food speciality counter.
The Bakery inside the World Fresh Marketplace will serve Western, European and Asian pastries.
There will also be a Lobster Grill and Dim Sum Bar, Chopsticks Noodle Bar, Leaves Tea Bar serving Boba Tea and an Ocean Terrace Juice Bar for fresh fruit and vegetable juices.

This isn’t Princess posting this.  This 3rd-party website has put a description of what the Majestic Princess has when it first started sailing in 2017, and pasted it into a Discovery Princess.   Princess says nothing about these for Discovery Princess.

But why look at Princess site when you can find wrong information elsewhere on the Internet?

By the way, I know what the Majestic had on it 2017, as I was on on its 3rd cruise in Europe (before it went to Asia).  I also was on the Discovery in April, on the 3rd and 4th  cruise. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cubfan63 said:

This isn’t Princess posting this.  This 3rd-party website has put a description of what the Majestic Princess has when it first started sailing in 2017, and pasted it into a Discovery Princess.   Princess says nothing about these for Discovery Princess.

But why look at Princess site when you can find wrong information elsewhere on the Internet?

By the way, I know what the Majestic had on it 2017, as I was on on its 3rd cruise in Europe (before it went to Asia).  I also was on the Discovery in April, on the 3rd and 4th  cruise. 

well please excuse me..I wish I was as smart as some people on here...and thankful I am not as RUDE as some others..FYI a friend sent me the link

Edited by ImperialLady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ImperialLady said:

well please excuse me..I wish I was as smart as some people on here...and thankful I am not as RUDE as some others..FYI a friend sent me the link

Heres another FYI so you can be better informed in future:  if you don't verify your source BEFORE you post "information", don't be surprised if you get blowback if it is faulty. A simple glance at the link would have shown that it came from a source other than Princess . Common sense would have said to go to an actual Princess source to confirm this first. There's a lot of misinformation on 3rd party sites. 

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, mom says said:

Heres another FYI so you can be better informed in future:  if you don't verify your source BEFORE you post "information", don't be surprised if you get blowback if it is faulty. A simple glance at the link would have shown that it came from a source other than Princess . Common sense would have said to go to an actual Princess source to confirm this first. There's a lot of misinformation on 3rd party sites. 

BLESS YOUR HEART

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2022 at 1:06 PM, Jeter02 said:

Just a heads up about the lobster roll I know plenty of people who have gotten it I personally have not and they can sense this is it's not much lobster in the roll for the $12.

Here’s a picture of the lobster roll.  

D1976E2F-7BEC-4A43-AF2D-71DF27E139BA.thumb.jpeg.79904258b0441f508cdda3e7c15f9080.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have not sailed the Discovery but last year on the Majestic lobster rolls were offered for an additional charge ($12 I think). They were very good and worth the extra cost. I favored getting mixed greens from the buffet and just putting the lobster salad on those and it was awesome. i look forward to them again when they are offered on any of my upcoming bookings.   

• Like 2