Anybody every change your cruise date to an earlier date?

ABQrobin

We just got notified that our passports are arriving this weekend and my hubby now wonders if we could change our cruise to an earlier date without penalty.  I think probably not... just wondering how bad it might be $$$$.  He is coming unglued with excitement for the trip which is still 40 days away.

We moved up our Cuba cruise on the Paradise in 2019. But we did that pretty far out, not nearly as close to the cruise date as you are now. 

We were originally booked to sail April 30th. When I was checking prices for price drops, I noticed that Carnival had switched some other sailings on the Paradise to the Cuba routing. We were able to move it up to April 13th (which was our anniversary). There was a $50 penalty for the change, based on our Early Save rate restrictions. But even with those penalties, we still saved close to $300 cause the pricing was so much better on the earlier date! Plus we got to sail over our anniversary and some other friends were able to join us with the new date we selected. So Win-Win-Win! 

• Like 1

So, with a good PVP and if you are going to spend more for the room (even a small amount more) then I can say firsthand possibly.  Experience has taught me a really good PVP can get normal change fees waived for a lot of things - ESPECIALLY when I want to spend more money for the booking.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 2

We did the math (prices have gone up, so about $700-1000 more to cancel and rebook) and decided to leave the cruise as is.... good thing, my hubby's work just came up with stuff he must do in Aug, including travel out of state for 2 meetings.  So its a good thing we didn't move it.. although he says he would have told them cruise comes first and he just wouldn't attend them.