GOOD LOCATION

cruisen cracker

This will be our first time on Oceania.  We are looking at an A3 cabin on the Marina.  It looks like almost all of the ones available (on deck 9) for the cruise are either near the stairs or elevator.  Found one a couple of doors down (towards the center0 from the Concierge Lounge and Laundry.  Any experience in this location?  Noise from Lounge/Laundry?  Thanks

The laundry is in  a hall between port & Starboard 

The lounge  is  not very busy  & as I recall have the soft closing doors  but if people are gathering outside your door you will probably hear them

We prefer cabins aft of the forward elevators  but that is just me

I have been in 9041 and would not recommend that area. If available, I would opt for the area close to the aft stairs/elevator. In my experience the area by the stairs and elevators is not noisy at all, although many people seem to have that notion. When we were close to the lounge & laundry the issue wasn't with those but due to a crew door that is not shown on deck plan. The laundry entrance door also leads to a crew service access area. They were going every morning between 6:30- 7:00. 

Likewise.  While we never stayed in this location we've never heard noise from either the laundry or elevators. And while we don't use the lounges very often, doors opening and closing seemed very quiet when we used them.

I've mentioned this often, but our first cruise on Renaissance's R2 (now Regatta) our room was opposite the laundry room, as was our next cruise when we were in the cabin just next door.

We never heard ANY noise from the laundry room.  One day I opened our door and discovered a ton of people in the hallway chatting away as they waited for their laundry to be done (or to be done, I suppose).  We heard nothing at all from the people in the hallway until I opened the door

And bear in mind that on the "O" ships, there is a separation from the corridor to the laundry room so it would be extremely difficult to hear noise.  On the "R" ships (at least back then, I assume it is still the same) the door into the laundry room opened from the hallway.

I would NOT worry about this.

I was in 9045 on Riviera -same configuration as Marina-and would recommend 9041 as laundry was no issue, close to the lounge and easy elevator/stair access. I would avoid the staterooms that use the rear elevators as there are only 2 vs. 4 in the front. Lots of wait time for the rear elevators at various times of the day. For example at 7-8pm when people trying to get to the 2 specialty restaurants in the rear.

8 hours ago, ORV said:

I have been in 9041 and would not recommend that area. If available, I would opt for the area close to the aft stairs/elevator. In my experience the area by the stairs and elevators is not noisy at all, although many people seem to have that notion. When we were close to the lounge & laundry the issue wasn't with those but due to a crew door that is not shown on deck plan. The laundry entrance door also leads to a crew service access area. They were going every morning between 6:30- 7:00. 

I would concur.  We were on the Riviera in 9100 a few weeks ago.  It was about 6 rooms removed from the aft elevators.  We never heard anything in the hallways, or noise from the elevators. It was a longer walk to the Concierge lounge for lattes, but no big deal.

1 hour ago, Riverroad said:

Opinions on 9091 on Riviera, please. We prefer to be aft but is this too far aft? I know it’s a walk to the Concierge lounge for coffee.

I just looked at the deck plan and that one seems to be midship. Doesn't seem to be aft at all. Less than a 30 second walk to the lounge. Are you sure on that number? 

I was trying to figure out what cruise we were on together and if I've got it right it was on the Regatta to Alaska in 15.

1 hour ago, Riverroad said:

Opinions on 9091 on Riviera, please. We prefer to be aft but is this too far aft? I know it’s a walk to the Concierge lounge for coffee.

It is  more mid ship 

Too far aft for what?

Go to Barristas  for coffee  the stuff in the lounge is OK  but

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I just looked at the deck plan and that one seems to be midship. Doesn't seem to be aft at all. Less than a 30 second walk to the lounge. Are you sure on that number? 

I was trying to figure out what cruise we were on together and if I've got it right it was on the Regatta to Alaska in 15.

It is 9091. I was confusing it with the first cabin we selected which was further aft, Happy it’s only 30 seconds to coffee.

Great memory! It was Regatta to Alaska in 2015. We were on the same trivia team that also included Hawaiidan. Haven’t been on such a great trivia team since then! Hope we get the chance to cruise with you and Teresa again.