Alternative dining "Dinner at Kings Court"?

TheOldBear

I was poking around the voyage personalizer today, checking if there were any shore excursions posted for our 1 November Southampton stop [nope, no new ones] and decided to check out the dining tab.

I noticed a new "Dinner at Kings Court" link, with no reference to the rotating cuisine / menu choices. [and apparently casual attire like the rest of Kings Court]

I thought that was odd, and looked on cunard.com where the Kings Court 'find out more' link now goes to a 'not found error 404' page, instead of the old page describing the choices.

Has anyone else noticed this?

How about recent/current QM2 folks? Were the rotating menu choices available?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

I was poking around the voyage personalizer today, checking if there were any shore excursions posted for our 1 November Southampton stop [nope, no new ones] and decided to check out the dining tab.

I noticed a new "Dinner at Kings Court" link, with no reference to the rotating cuisine / menu choices. [and apparently casual attire like the rest of Kings Court]

I thought that was odd, and looked on cunard.com where the Kings Court 'find out more' link now goes to a 'not found error 404' page, instead of the old page describing the choices.

Has anyone else noticed this?

How about recent/current QM2 folks? Were the rotating menu choices available?

There was no alternate dining on QM2 in May or on QV in June - nor on QE this month. I'm not sure when they will be bringing it back. I was told that it had gone away due to "operational reasons" whatever that might be!

@rafinmd (Roy) posted daily programmes from his recent QM2 July 1-8, 2022 cruise which indicate the Kings Court Alternative Dining venue was offering a traditional rotation of La Piazza, Bamboo and Coriander themes during that particular cruise.

I note the "Alternative Dining" page on the Cunard website states "Within either King’s Court or the Lido, you can enjoy ... menus inspired by the ports to which our ships sail." That may be a nod to concepts such as the Norwegian "Nordly" alternative dining theme introduced on QV during her recent cruise to Norway and Iceland. Perhaps we can look forward to other similar themes to be introduced across the fleet.

We were on QM2 June 22 crossing from Hamburg to Brooklyn.  The alternative dining in Kings Chaos featured Bamboo, Coriander and the Italian choice.  We dined at the Bamboo option one night and had a good dinner, a sampling of Asian dishes.  Some hits and some misses, but on the whole, a good dinner, nicely presented in a Bento Box.  It was worth the up charge and more interesting than the menu in Princess Grill that night.  Not many diners, only about 20% occupancy.  I think the up charge chases away a lot of people.  The ambience is OK.  Mood lighting and table cloths on the tables, but it is still Kings Chaos, not a grand setting.

Alternative Dining in Kings Court was available every night of our July 1st cruise.

Menus were not published , just the theme each night.

Menus were available to view at the Kings Court podium.

Reservations sold out fast after the 1st night . 

Only Indian nights were available when we reserved but got in via waitlist for Bamboo night (excellent).

• Like 2

According to the Daily Program of 25th July (Queen Victoria) The  'Lido alternative dining' is operating for this particular itinerary . They are featuring Indian dinner $25 pp The Verandah restaurant is also open  (Lunch $25 Dinner $45) 

I really would not bother looking on Cunard Webb sites for any information during this present climate .

The onboard product ( and any procedures)  can change from itinerary to itinerary across the entire fleet. At the moment , one just needs to manage things on the day, once onboard the ship. 

Or stay tuned to this Cunard Board where  you can be sure of first hand information from those who may already be onboard .   

• Like 3