Is there a luggage scale on QE?

njpln

I seem to remember Queen Mary having a luggage scale, but maybe I’m confusing myself here. Since we’re going to be flying on a European airline when we get off in Barcelona, I want to make sure the suitcases are within the right weight range. And I hate to carry one of those little Luggage scales with me if I don’t have to.

Does Queen Elizabeth have a luggage scale somewhere?

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, njpln said:

I seem to remember Queen Mary having a luggage scale, but maybe I’m confusing myself here. Since we’re going to be flying on a European airline when we get off in Barcelona, I want to make sure the suitcases are within the right weight range. And I hate to carry one of those little Luggage scales with me if I don’t have to.

Does Queen Elizabeth have a luggage scale somewhere?

Thanks.

No..

If one does  not wish to carry a mini scale, just purchase one at a port stop, then donate to crew or bin it when finished.

6 hours ago, DrGonzo said:

On the QE a few weeks ago I called the pursers office and requested a bathroom scale to be delivered to my cabin, and it was there in 10 minutes. 

I was going to advise going to the gym but your idea is much better.  I have gone to the gym weighed myself and then picked up the luggage to get the weight (it wouldn't balance right on the scale without being held and that effects the weight).

On 7/27/2022 at 3:57 PM, Colin_Cameron said:

Not certain about QE, but most ships have a scale in the gym.

If you have a bag large enough to need to worry about weighing, it would be a bit of a hassle to haul it up to the gym.   Those little hand-held scales are inexpensive and take very little room.  Unless you are certain you will NEVER travel again, it just makes sense to buy your own, use it, and travel with it.

9 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

If you have a bag large enough to need to worry about weighing, it would be a bit of a hassle to haul it up to the gym.   Those little hand-held scales are inexpensive and take very little room.  Unless you are certain you will NEVER travel again, it just makes sense to buy your own, use it, and travel with it.

Depends what you have in it 🥴