No Show Penalty of $239.00

jamie717

On 7/29/2022 at 5:03 PM, shortyjoesmith said:

I read another post recently where they were charged the non-refundable deposit for the no-show even though the fare is the same for single and double occupancy. I can understand the loop-hole on their end but I would be salty if I had to pay an extra amount over the fare I have already paid.

I am with @tattoos, in the future, I will enter my second as TBD until the absolute last minute.

I believe in that thread it was guest #2 (paid full fare) canceled, moving guest#3 (whose fare was much less) into guest#2 spot thus full fare for two was not paid.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, travelplus said:

If your husband requested time off and it was not approved then send the bill to his job with an itimized statement of damages including this No Show and ask his work for a 100 percent Future Cruise with Air  for both of you.

That would be nice!  I've had more than a few choice words for his employer unfortunately, he really likes his job! 

• Haha 1

I always keep the second person TBD, as that is what happens by default when you book.    I had a new PVP tell me if I wasn't sure who the TBD was going to be, I should definitely book as a single and add the second person later.    She said lots of problems can happen if you keep the second person TBD, but I'm not sure what she meant.    I don't know how much weight to give to her recommendation.   My old PVP never told me anything like that.

27 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

I always keep the second person TBD, as that is what happens by default when you book.    I had a new PVP tell me if I wasn't sure who the TBD was going to be, I should definitely book as a single and add the second person later.    She said lots of problems can happen if you keep the second person TBD, but I'm not sure what she meant.    I don't know how much weight to give to her recommendation.   My old PVP never told me anything like that.

The problem with booking as single and adding later is that if they reach lifeboat capacity in your designated area then they won't let you add the 2nd person regardless of the space available in your room. Slight risk, but risk none the less.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

The problem with booking as single and adding later is that if they reach lifeboat capacity in your designated area then they won't let you add the 2nd person regardless of the space available in your room. Slight risk, but risk none the less.

I questioned her about that, but she claimed they don't count the TBD as a person for lifeboat capacity until the name is entered.   I did decide I wasn't going to use this lady again for other reasons, so I take her recommendations with a grain of salt.  Just wondered if anyone else had been told something similar. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 4:11 PM, jamie717 said:

Having looked up the date I received the email I think I might know what happened.

We were cruising three people, myself as passenger #1, my husband as passenger #2 and our child as #3.  Passengers 1 and 2 were to receive OBC of $100 per person and when I realized they were not giving my husbands OBC I went to guest services to inquire.  I figured Carnival would automatically treat our daughter as passenger #2 and since passenger #3 is sailing at a deeply discounted rate I wasn't going to put in a claim with my Carnival insurance (Cancel any reason for 25%).  Guest Services rep said no, husband stays as #2 passenger (No OBC) and daughter stays as #3.  I asked if I were to use my Carnival insurance would it go towards my husband as #2 passenger and therefore refund his cruise fare (significantly higher than #3) at 75%? She said yes and now I'm thinking she went ahead and cancelled my husband and got the "refund" started but all I received was the notification of the penalty amount. Whew, sorry, that was long!!  Now I just need to call Carnival and see if my thought process is correct.  Thank you for the questions, it made me think a little harder! 😆

you received an email, but did they actually charge your card you used org purchase with for it ? thanks , i think this is what a few ppl wanted to know 

Edited by seaman11

15 hours ago, travelplus said:

If your husband requested time off and it was not approved then send the bill to his job with an itimized statement of damages including this No Show and ask his work for a 100 percent Future Cruise with Air  for both of you.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

I questioned her about that, but she claimed they don't count the TBD as a person for lifeboat capacity until the name is entered.   I did decide I wasn't going to use this lady again for other reasons, so I take her recommendations with a grain of salt.  Just wondered if anyone else had been told something similar. 

My PVP who has been with Carnival for 25 years said the exact opposite. As far as the TBD thing. She advises to leave the second passenger blank as long as possible just in case something comes up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

My PVP who has been with Carnival for 25 years said the exact opposite. As far as the TBD thing. She advises to leave the second passenger blank as long as possible just in case something comes up.

I tend to believe your PVP.   My old PVP always set it up that way.   Like I said, I didn't think too much of this new PVP.    She was a sub for my old PVP who was off on a medical leave.   Thankfully, she will be back to work soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

you received an email, but did they actually charge your card you used org purchase with for it ? thanks , i think this is what a few ppl wanted to know

The email lists it as a "Penalty Assessed" so I am assuming it will be deducted from my FCC as I had Carnival Insurance.  To answer your question, no, it was not charged additionally to my credit card.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...