Curious? If I book a cruise after the final payment date is there a chance I would get an email to bid on an upgrade?

KyleClark

Yes!  It happened to me on my next cruise (I booked it about 70 days out.)  I got the email, but the "let's get you upgraded" banner never showed up, so that's different.  I ended up purchasing the upgrade outright, so I can't speak to how the acceptance process might differ.  

We booked after final payment date for our April cruise and upcoming August cruise. In both cases, through NCL (one PCC and one online). Both times, in the Haven. We've received upgrade bids both times. 

We don't use the upgrade program as we book the room we want, so I can't tell you if we'd be more successful or not. 

1 hour ago, KyleClark said:

If I book a cruise after the final payment date is there a chance I would get an email to bid on an upgrade?  Thx....

I did.  I'd imagine if you booked through a channel that offered the bid option, you would.

10 minutes ago, hallux said:

I booked my March cruise 2 weeks before sailing and got upgrade emails

We were on same cruise with you ….

We booked ours 4 weeks before and we also received upgrade emails but we already decided not to paratake them as we already had the Club Balcony suites close to elevators and knew the Haven would be full (after the upgrades). 

We ended up enjoying the cruise, no need to be in Haven. 

4 hours ago, KyleClark said:

If I book a cruise after the final payment date is there a chance I would get an email to bid on an upgrade?  Thx....

If  you are eligible for Upgrade Advantage (i.e., not with a non-participating travel agent), you will get an offer. We booked a cruise about 10 days to departure in April and got an upgrade offer two days later. That being said, a lot of the lower level upgrades had already been done.